How does TRT really work?

Hi everyone, new poster here but been following the forum for some time.

I’ve been suffering from PAS since march. Initially I had it pretty severe: 0 libido, no sensitivity, nearing impotence, low morale, sleep issues etc… I got better in most areas since then but it’s still pretty bad. I was making a lot of gains after a couple of tribulus cycles but when I got off my second cycle I started suffering from high anxiety and insomnia which made me drop trib and sadly I did not keep the gains I made on it (was like 70% recovered).

I went to the endo and he prescribed me a low dose of testosterone pills (undecanoate, 2x 40mg pills per day) as I sit at 564 ng/dl serum test right now. I know for most of us TRT doesn’t work but I’m really tempted to try.

My question is: will the exogeneous test add on to my baseline level? I heard that when you take testosterone your body stops producing it, but I’m not sure whether such a low dose will do that. My objective is to slightly increase my test and see how my symptoms react.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the forum

Tesosterone pills… do those even have a reasonable bioavailability? Anyway I wouldn’t really recommend taking it, it seems like very few people got improvement from it and some got even worse. Also you already have a decent natural T level (depends on your age tbh). That’s a very small dose but I believe it will still prevent endogenous production to some degree. Personally I regret taking steroids because they didn’t help and now my testicles seem to be permanently atrophied.

Sounds like you need to find a new doctor. Testosterone pills are not the norm for TRT. You can’t just take a little bit of testosterone and have it benefit you because TRT will shut down your natural production. You have to be all in, which will likely also mean HCG and an AI Med. If you are seriously interested in TRT I would suggest Defy. They will do a full evaluation of labs and determine if it’s even worth while for you. Knowing what free test levels are is just as important as total. Also, if you do go on TRT don’t expect it to cure you overnight. Just my take on things:-)

Did you measure your DHT? May i ask for the reason you were on an aromatase inhibitor? I am just curious.