How do I cope with permanently destroying my life

How can I even begin to accept the complete destruction of my life over one stupid mistake. I had everything going for me, handsome, smart, funny, great friends and family. I just wanted to be proactive about hair loss, I thought “I’ll just try and see how I react to it, what’s the worse that could happen”. People throw away their lives for murder, not taking a pill; but here I am, 21 years old and facing a life sentence. I never got a chance to shine, and lost more than anybody could even imagine. My beauty, my personality, my hopes, desires. I wasn’t even really losing my hair, I had great hair, I just wanted to keep it. My family thinks I’m mentally ill, my friends don’t understand, doctors gaslight me, girls leave, everything in my life is pushing me towards suicide and I don’t really see any other option.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry, buddy. Just breathe and stay calm. You’ve lost a lot, but you aren’t alone. Your family and friends love you, and everyone here is available to help and commiserate.

Please just know you aren’t alone.

1 Like

The hardest part about PFS is finding professional help that actually understands what you’re going through. I finally talked to a doctor who’s seen 300 PFS patients over the years. He charged $300 for a 45 min video call (He’s in London). I’ve spent thousands on other doctors and tests who have zero experience with PFS. It’s most important to find experienced help! Look up Dr Pierre-Marc Bouloux in London and make a teledoc appointment!