Hopeful2020 - hCG log

Hey Doomed80, FYI, for “therapeutic” levels of l-reuteri at a much lower cost.

Thanks @ll_amp_Prosper

I experienced most of the mentioned effects (increased oxytocin; silky skin; lustrous hair, etc.) first-hand. So, tried and true. However, I’d recommend L. Reuteri DSM 17938 strain over L. Reuteri ATCC PTA 6475, which I and others seem to have had negative reactions to it related to histamine. While I’m all for cutting costs through yogurt preparation, I’d caution that L. Reuteri species is a histamine producer and high CFU count may cause HIT in those predisposed. I’d personally aim for no greater than 200M CFU/day found in BioGaia Protectis drops.

Test your E2 in 2 weeks after starting and see if it’s any higher. I’m quite interested to see if my anecdotal experience can be mirrored.

Week 6 Update:

Average rating over the last week is 4.07. Lower, but not interestingly so given the past. The daily score standard deviation over the past 40+ days since the start of treatment is 0.25 vs 0.40 during the 60-day reference period. That comports with my general sense, which is that the daily variation has been less, but the average the same.

My new blood work (blood drawn at 5 weeks):
T - 732 ng/dL (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free T - 141.2 pg/mL (35.0-155.0 pg/mL)
=> 1.93% free
E2 - 29 pg/mL (17-39 pg/mL)

So…my hormone production has picked up for sure, but I have yet to feel anything from it. I include literally anything you can think of in that statement: testicular size, flaccid size, libido, sensitivity, semen volume, hair loss, acne.

Given the great-looking hormone levels, I’ll be continuing my hCG dosage at 250 iu daily through a second vial and be rechecked. In the meantime, my provider wants to check my cortisol/cortisone levels in urine.

I tried searching Google for an answer to the question of how long it typically takes a patient to respond to TRT. As you might guess, the answer varies wildly. Depending on where you look, you’ll find anywhere from a couple of weeks to six months.

Thoughts?

1 Like

You’re still super early into the HCG experiment. I’m not sure if you are, but I definitely wouldn’t let myself feel rushed based on anyone else’s experience with HCG especially cause you’re only 6 weeks in. JoeKool took 6 months and who knows, some people might even need longer than that.

I’m not a doctor but normalizing hormone levels is probably a good sign. Hopefully it’s just a matter of staying on the HCG long enough that the good hormone levels become the norm for you and things just click back to normal.

As someone who is eventually gonna try HCG (if my carnivore diet doesn’t fix me), I appreciate the updates. Best of luck.

Week 7 Update: average daily rating was 4.07.

@doomed80

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/BioGaia-Gastrus-For-GI-Tract-Mandarin-Flavored-30-Chewable-Tablets/80974?gclid=Cj0KCQjwo-aCBhC-ARIsAAkNQit03sDbSuK7f7NgmXQUOmwgtfNGap89tyjnn_5mzkUJtCPqbGmwBBMaAnJQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Will this do the trick? Which one did u purchase?

Careful, I bought the Biogaia “Protectus” and it seems to have crashed me for a few days. Apparently this pro biotic boosts vitamin D3 level by a lot according to a clinical study, normally that is a good thing for non PFS suffers. For me I think it brought on insomnia, depression, negative thinking and general malaise for a few days…

1 Like

Hi @hopeful2020 and @ll_amp_Prosper

When you have 30 minutes, could you please do us a massive favour by completing the patient survey via the link at the top of the forum? It would be very helpful for our current efforts with researchers.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

Sure.

1 Like

Thank you!

Get the one with L. Reuteri DSM 17938 strain (i.e. BioGaia Protectis). This specific strain is anti-inflammatory and may raise oxytocin, T and E2 and improve libido for some. The other strain L. Reuteri ATCC PTA 6475 is proinflammatory and raises histamine in my first-hand experience.
@LazarusRy

1 Like

@ll_amp_Prosper

This is strange but possible. When starting a new probiotic, chances are you’ll go through an adjustment period and experience die-off symptoms. This may have caused your crash. Reducing the dose and including some anti-inflammatories (e.g vitamin C, ghee, etc.) helps get through this initial stage.

1 Like

Thanks mate

1 Like

Week 8 Update: average daily rating was 4.29.

Does that translate to not so great?

I will give it another go and see what happens… I started off with 2 pills daily before bed.

Well, I took the survey. It took me a lot longer than 30 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah the survey is very long and tedious but needed

Hi @ll_amp_Prosper

When you have some time, would you be able to take the survey also please?

Thank you!