Homologous desensitization

Homologous desensitization occurs when a receptor decreases its response to an agonist at high concentration. It is a process through which, after prolonged agonist exposure, the receptor is uncoupled from its signaling cascade and thus the cellular effect of receptor activation is attenuated.

If the ligand cannot be degraded or sequestered, the target cell may, after prolonged activation, become desensitized

Ligand=DHT and Testosterone

I have a theory behind of this concept that can maybe explain a couple of recovey

Triptorelin Right ?

Triptorelin suppress LH, I believe that it going to put testosterone to very low level close to zero, DHT it will not be produced, androgen receptor get sensitazed and funtion again.

It probably explain why we get worse when we increase DHT, also why we do not respond to TRT and feeling worse.

Also when suppress DHT , T tend to increase what is not good neither.

The guy that get reverse his sexual side with methylprednisolone, a glucorticoids
Treatment even a low dosage low significantly testosterone levels imagine a high dosage for 5 days,

While there is a ligand even if the level is low, once to that the Receptors are desensitized the ligand need to be removed low enough to get the receptors sensitized again.

I remember that the first time I visit an urologist, because weak erection and ED my free testosterone was out the chart.

5 Likes