Histamine

Does anybody know anything about Histamine? I’m hearing it is very important for erectile function.

This is what I heard from another messageboard…

the right levels of histamine
low prolactin
high dopamine or oxytocin
not too high serotonin is important for penile sensitivity…

Maybe a histamine agnoist would be something to experiment with if no one has done so before?

“Libido loss and erectile failure can occur following histamine (H2) antagonists such as cimetidine and ranitidine.[8] The injection of histamine into the corpus cavernosum in men with psychogenic impotence produces full or partial erections in 74% of them.[9] It has been suggested that H2 antagonists may cause sexual difficulties by reducing the uptake of testosterone.[8]”

I’ve actually never heard of histamine’s relationship to erections, interesting.

bulknutrition.com/?products_id=2319

“It is reported that an increase in the intake of this nutrient helps with the lengthening of orgasms and also more intense sexual enjoyment.”

Interesting for sure, might have to put it on my list of things to try.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7850330

“CONCLUSION: These results indicate that histamine may play a role in human penile erection. The erection-promoting action of histamine is probably due to H2 receptor activation, although another histamine receptor, possibly H3, also seems to be involved. This study suggests that histamine could be a valuable tool in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction.”

Thanks for researching upon this liquid…Now going further, how could Finasteride affect histamine levels…and does DHT or 3-adiol G play a role in Histamine levels…These are questions we must ask ourselves.

Also,

L-Histidine(Amino acid) is a precursor to histamine…

I am 100% percent sure my histamine levels have gone up after propecia. Histamine is the culprit of an allergic reaction. Before propecia i had only mild allergies. After propecia i have major food allergies, which i never had before. i think my body is trying to compensate and maintain my erection capacity by elevating my histamine.

1 Like

Major food allergies would be caused by low histamine(seasonal allergies are due to high histamine) along with tired easily, weight gain in a pair shape manner(hips and thighs), irritable, becoming frustrated easily, low tolerance for medication, low energy and libido, needing alot of sleep, an over stimulated mind, low sex drive, depression.

Histamine will be destroyed by the classic 5ar inhibitor known as copper(not trying to sell it)

A good indication of low histamine(histapenia)is high blood copper and low copper urine…like me :smiley:
Dont worry fellows im starting to consult with doctors so we will know soon enough if copper is the “x” in all of this

So now the big question is “how do we respond to antihistimines”? Benadryl?

I know it makes me feel great for the firs day then I get a hangover. Perhaps a little more libido. Does anyone have improved sexual function?

Anti histamines make me feel like a zombie, i was actually scared last time i took one, i just felt so not with it it wasnt funny

i am rather sure i have high histamine all the time. have not lost any of my allergies, sneeze often at my desk at work.

Depends what is causing the allergies?

i couldnt tell you. its a normal office - not a lot of dust or anything of that nature.

Food or chemicals anywhere near? Does it happen soon after you eat, like it could be a food allergy?

food when i eat. chemicals no.

Hi, my first post here. I will post my accutane and fin history soon.

Just to put the pieces together for this topic.

Histamine intolerance is a common problem for women. And almost none for men. Especially older women become histamine intolerant. Imbalanced oestrogene and hormone levels are the cause of that. Guess what we have.

Some more pieces. The gut needs hormones to work. Most of us have IBS due to use of fin. The small intestine produces DAO. The needed enzym to break down histamine. And it can not produce DAO when it is inflammated.

I have periods with high libido. Guess when? When my gut symptoms are almost zero. Every each and then it gets triggered (or hormones go crazy again) and I become inflammation for a week. In that time span my libido is zero.

I did the elemental diet (google it) for 13 days. My libido skyrocketet and my brain was working like it did 25 years ago (before I took accutane). I was on a good way and my gut felt better and better. Then, after the diet, I messed up my gut again (took Fluconazol to kill candida). It’s been 3 weeks now I stopped Fluconazol but my libido is still zero and my brain fog is huge. I have still lots of inflammation = high histamine.

There is a big connection between our fin problems and the gut.

But I am not sure if you can heal your gut without healing pfs (get your hormones right) and if you can heal pfs without healing the gut (can it heal without balanced hormones?)

Fact is, every time I try to fix my gut, I make it worse and crash again for weeks. From January this year until April I was recovered. My libido was like it was with 15. Then in April I took Allicin to “heal” my gut. Had a crash for 2 months. Things got started to get better again. Then with the diet I was feeling superb. Fluconazol -> crash.

2 Likes