Heroin withdrawal... an unlikely treatment?

I’m new here and its probably not my business to comment being as I am still very ignorant as to the scientific reasonings behind all of our symptoms, but having had substance abuse problems in the past I can safely say that opiod withdrawl is in no way shape or form a cure for the problems we are having. I was never a heroin addict so I can’t say I speak from experience, but I have tried opiates and found the side effects to be anything but helpful for our libidos and sexual health. If anything, drugs will make the situation even more difficult. Since I have realized my situation with the side effects of propecia I have ceased the usage of any substances besides tobacco (I’m working on it). I appreciate the length the OP went to in describing his situation in such great detail, but the subject matter at hand is ridiculous. This may be an extremely isolated incident, and may even have some type of validity that can be examined by a qualified individual but even if it was a solid cure for the sexual dysfunction caused by finasteride, no one in their right mind is going to begin using heroin to combat side effects of a non-narcotic medication. this information is really not helpful to the people on here who are suffering from various side effects but may actually be helpful to a scientist or a doctor.

Bumping an old thread. Since I last posted I became addicted to prescription narcotic pain killers from an injury. Noticed that while in withdrawal from opiates I regained my sensation down there, as well as my libido. I had sex with my ex GF 10 times in one day and was able to maintain an erection and ejaculate from intercourse with strong desire. But it only lasted while I was in opiate withdrawal. Maybe there is something to this??

It would not surprise me at all. I regained normal sexual function when I was coming down off Ecstasy and some other stuff.

Yes and i play guitar like Jimi Hendrix.

Dont mean to judge the OP but… How F’ed up is it really that a “treatment” involving HEROIN stays in the public “treatment and protocols” forum and gets virtually “approved” by mew while ANY thread mentioning antifungals as a potential treatment or candida as a possible coetiology for PFS is IMMEDIATELY ridiculed by him and relegated to the hidden “theories” forum???

You’re right, this thread has been moved to its rightful place.

I literally did… I layed in bed, in horrible withdrawal with her, unable to sleep. And had sex at least once an hour if not more. I think the total number of times we had sex was actually 11 by the time I was able to get an hours worth of sleep. Opiate withdrawal robbed me of propecia’s side effects, and pushed my libido through the roof. Though like I said, this only occured during the peak of the withdrawal symptoms and I would not consider using any addictive narcotic to experiment with this theory. That said, I have kicked the pain meds, no more withdrawal, and I am back to where I was all along… no more GF either.

I didn’t read all of this in detail.
I have to add however two thoughts.

Finasteride tampering with brain activity is very real. Sexuality stems from deeper and higher brain levels as we all may know by now, and it seems that people who use stimulants or analgesics may see differences in their levels of sexuality or surges of sexual feelings returning and then leaving again. I feel a very strong effect from using an aphrodisiac herb with adjacent stimulant properties too. It doesn’t last for more than two days so i will have to use it steadily for long periods of time to see if permanent results may ensue.

The second is that the desperation post finasteride is so multifaceted. I bet more than half of the people in here (and not only in here) have considered a serious life altering event whether this could be jumping into drugs, going to psychiatrists and hooking on andi-depressants or even considering doing harm to them selves.

We have to understand and sympathize for all those people and try to help them.

For years i had thoughts of despair too. Its harder for everyone and to different levels, probably depending on so much individual background but each one of us must find a proper and logical way to cope with this issue to an extend that doesn’t hurt his overall state of health anymore.

Its allegedly safe to take Herion under controlled circumstances.

But I would not recommend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qaN5KkTa6sw&feature=relmfu

This is just non sense…heroin alone demages the brain…plus its VERY toxic !!! I cant believe this hasn’t been deleted yet .

Multiple people have major improvements in sexual function from this and there seems to be some legit science behind it. Why in the hell would you want that type of information deleted considering we have basically made ZERO progress in a decade of trying to figure this shit out??

Speak for your yourself buddy…im feeling great!

man this is seriously insane…heroin for a cure… well its your body I guess you can do whatever you want, just remember heroin is one of the most deadly drugs in the world…and remember the dopamine production is altered in such a way…that THEN you start thinking about demage beyond repair.

As Mew wrote earlier in this thread, no one is advocating using heroin. Do not use heroin. I’m posting this here for information and to highlight a connection between the original posters experience and damage done by finasteride.

According to the study below, stimulus during finasteride treatment caused increased concentration and duration of dopamine response. Heroin also raises dopamine activity, so there may be some similarities in the effects of the two drugs (i.e. increasing dopamine beyond the normal physiologic response).

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6292

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11911871

I wonder if going through an addiction withdraw instigates your dopamine infrastructure ( dopamine levels, receptors and transporters) to re-sensitized.

Opiates have been shown to increase 5ar2 activity in the central nervous system according to the research I did last year. I do not think this is necessarily a permanent cure, thus its relatively useless imo.