Herbs that increase expression of a couple AR target genes

Background: The androgen comprises a group of hormones that play roles in male reproductive activity as well as personal characteristics. Objective: We investigated the androgenic activity of various herbal medicines in human prostate cancer 22Rv1 cells. Materials and Methods: Herbal extracts of Trichosanthes kirilowii (TK), Asarum sieboldii (AS), Sanguisorba officinalis (SO), and Xanthium strumarium (XS) were selected to have androgenic effects based on a preliminary in vitro screening system. Results: TK, AS, SO, and XS enhanced the proliferation of 22Rv1 cells without having cytotoxic effects. All tested herbal extracts increased androgen receptor (AR)-induced transcriptional activity in the absence or presence of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). In an AR-binding assay, TK, but not AS, SO, or XS, produced a significant inhibition of AR binding activity, indicating it has androgenic activity. Additionally, TK treatment positively regulated mRNA expression of the AR-related molecular targets prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and kallikrein 2 (KLK2) compared with untreated control. Conclusion: Taken together, TK-enhanced AR-mediated transcriptional activity might be an attractive candidate drug for treating androgen-related diseases.

I am not totally sure how understand it :

1- All tested herbal extracts increased androgen receptor (AR)-induced transcriptional activity in the absence or presence of dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
2- In an AR-binding assay, TK, but not AS, SO, or XS, produced a significant inhibition of AR binding activity, indicating it has androgenic activity. Additionally, TK treatment positively regulated mRNA expression of the AR-related molecular targets prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and kallikrein 2 (KLK2) compared with untreated control.

Please somebody can help to understand this ?

Herbal Extract, Used to Treat Colds, Seen to Activate Testosterone Receptor

1 Like

Please lest do a very good research before decide to take any of this herbs, do not jump to conclusion so easily.

It means substances in the herbs increased the expression of AR target genes

I believe this means there is a substance in TK that binds AR in place of testosterone.

1 Like

Can we get links where we can purchase these or get step by step instructions on how to purchase these?

One of my main complaints about this forum is people posting all these supposed helpful substances but nobody posting ways on how to get them.

I tried this… no changes. But I bought Trichosanthes peel extract. Later, from some resources I read it has to be root extract. If someone interested you need to look for ‘‘Tian Hua Fen’’ , thats the root extract.

Almost sounds like it agonizes AR like alcohol agonizes GABA A. In that case it would desensitize the receptor? Is that what we want?