Herbal preparation decreases adverse effects of finasteride on testes?

Hi there
i was conducting some research about another topic (the relation between finasteride and oxidative stress) and i found this study in which a chinese herb preparation currently under the DA-9401 name slowed down and/or reversed the sxual symptoms of pfs.
The herb preparation ā€œis a mixture of natural extracts of three medicinal herbs (roots of Morinda officinalis, outer scales of Allium cepa and seeds of Cuscuta chinensis).ā€.

Check it out

ps. does fin causes oxidative stress? are we getting older faster?

7 Likes

Topic title changed to reflect content of the study that was linked.

Really fascinating article. How would one get a hold of these Herbs? DA-9401? This is the first scientific study Iā€™ve seen where a scientist is actually testing a working therapy for the damages of Finasteride.

1 Like

If you read the study, you would find out exactly that the mices, at least sexually, were CURED. I feel like on this forum thereā€™s this trend in dismissing succesful stories and people, and iā€™m not the only one who noticed this.

2 Likes

How can you state that they were cured sexually? The study isnā€™t about sexual behaviour, it isnā€™t even mentioned.

Had come across this earlier, but could not find any suppliers for those herbs in the country I live in.

thatā€™s what the study says. did you read it? all?

but i didnā€™t say that the herbal cured from the syndrome anyway, just that fixed some of the problem caused by fin. and my title was almost a joke, cā€™monā€¦

1 Like

not a big deal anyway. hope someone can find this study useful. see ya.

Ok then quote a part of the study where it mentions any of the sexual parameters such as erection and ejaculation.

When I search for the medicine get some studies that show that this drug indeed has a positive effecton finasteride damageā€¦ Im wondering when this ā€˜ā€˜drugā€™ā€™ will be available and if this indeed is the cure we so desperatly need.

2 Likes

Can we source the three herbal ingredients that make up the substance? I wonder if we can create our own concoction.

The study mostly looks at spermatogenesis and the effects of these herbs at curing damage to sperm creation and the vas deferens/seminal vesicles. I have to imagine there is overlap to helping with other symptoms as well, but it couldnt hurt to pursue something that has a proven scientific efficacy.

1 Like

@Scott.H can you take the survey, man? Youā€™ll be an important data point for the community.

Thank you!

it contains garlic, which is a glutathione enhancer as wellā€¦

I had a little look, can get them all on ebay. Although I think it wants extract of onion skins, and only onion extract was available. We donā€™t know the ā€˜formulaā€™ though for it, unless we go necking tons of it ofc.

Iā€™m doing fluconazole atm (I know, risky) or Iā€™d probably give it a stab.

Anyone fancy?

allium cepa is onion? ahahahah i thought it was garlic :smiley:

I was planning to consume garlic heavily earlier. I didnā€™t after seeing the below paperā€¦