Help!! What is happening!?

Hi,
Firstable, sorry for my very bad English. I’m writing this message with the help of dictionary.

Im 25 old man from Poland. Couple months earlier, I did probably the biggest mistake of my life - I started taking Saw Palmetto Saw Palmetto is a dietary supplement used in Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and also in androgen alopecia. I thought that the use of SP is safe. Not even I didn’t even needed a prescription to buy this product. I was wrong!

I taking Saw Palmetto Extract 150mg twice a day along about 1 month. For about 10 days I took also 1 tablet Soyfem (soya isoflawons 100 mg). It was stupid, I know.

At the end of the month of this “treatment” sometimes I felt a slight pain in the testicles. So finally I stopped taking any medicines. Unfortunately it was too late. A few days after I quit Saw Palmetto such symptoms have appeard:

• Testis size is reduce
  • Sleep problem ( I sleeping about 3-4h)
  • Depression
  • Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
  • Difficulty Focusing
  • Weaker Erection
  • Reduced Ejaculate
    I felt terrible. I did some testing hormonal. Results:
    LH 1,08 mlU/ml (1,14 - 8,75)
    Testosteon 373,8 ng/dl (166 - 877)
    DHEA-SO4 299 ug/dl (80 - 560)

Since that time my status changed alternately: for couple days I felt a bit better but after this I felt again terrible. Furthermore I got Gynecomastia.
Now It has been more than 2 months since I quit Saw Palmetto and still there is no improvement. Found couple similar cases of the Saw Palmetto:
propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt … ae62481db2
propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt … &highlight

I’m very afraid and I don’t know what to do. Is there a chance that it will pass? What is the cause of these disorders? I add my recent test results:
FSH 1,73 mlU/ml (norma: 0,95 - 11,95)
LH 1,92 mlU/ml (1,14 - 8,75)
Estradiol 14,00 pg/ml (11 - 44)
Prolaktyna 15,86 ng/ml (3,46 - 19,40)
Testosteon 428,8 ng/dl (166 – 877)

yes… that sounds like brainfog we all here experiecne… also we see that i hasnt to be propecia… all things which are working the enzyms in the brain can cause brainfog…

i personal have the fog from revivogen not from fin…

Hi Help, yes Saw Palmetto Extract can do that to you, It actions is to
block 5 Alpha Reductase Enzyme I & II. Unfortunately 5 alpha reductase
enzymes I & II have a very important role in our brain.

Hence by stopping their action in the brain, it leads to various problems such as: Sleep problems, anxiety, panic attacks, depression ect it also change the DHT/Estrogen ratio in favour for estrogen.

My advise to you:
sleep is very important aspect in your recovery, you can do the following steps to help you:

• Do a light exercise such as running or walking. But it is important
    not to overdo this. Do it 2 x a week for half an hour and see if it helps with your sleep. Once you get good response you can do it 3 x a week.

• As i believe the liver function is affected somewhat, do take supplement
    that can help your liver function. i currently take Curcuma Xanthoriza
    3 x a day, Schisandra extract ( i take this at night)

• I also take Choline Birtrate 2 x 250 mg a day.

From your result i see that Estradiol is not that high, Estradiol is at 14,00 pg/ml (11 - 44) but try to take Zinc supplement as it may provide you
with some benefits.

Prolaktyna which i suppose to be Prolactin in english is at 15,86 ng/ml (3,46 - 19,40), which is near the upper limit. As i never have problem with Prolactin you may want to ask other members who have the same problem, they may be able to tell you what to do in terms of tests and drugs to take.

Japanther as you take Revivogen do you know that one of it main
ingredients is Saw Palmetto Extract, here’s the link
revivogen.intelamart.com/

Japanther try doing aerobic excercise in order to improve your sleep
hence your anxiety and brain fod will be reduced, hope it helps.

Thanks for advices kemangd. But the most important question is: is that pass? I stopped taking this shit over 2 months ago, so why that symptoms do not disappear?
Does it mean that the Saw Palmetto resulted in permanent changes in the brain? Irreversible change? Is that possible??

no , the problem is not in your brain it is in your organs.
i have been doing research for 2 years and i believe the main 2 organs involved are the liver and the adrenal glands.
do you feel worse when you are in stress?
personally if i drink coffee it makes me drowsy , it doesnt stimulate me one bit.try for yourself.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Not enough to tell someone else as if you know for sure. By blocking the 5AR enzyme you have a direct effect on your brain through the GABA channels. This is well documented.

i dont think so… i think its a problem of the brain. I tell you soon why i think that… mabye i´m wrong…

you are entitled to your own opinion but i tried supplementing with gaba and a few other brain modifiers and they did nothing

it is the liver and the adrenals creating all the hormones , not the brain.what may be happening is the brain is absorbing fat soluble toxins (as it is 70% fat) because the liver is not doing it’s job.

ok… ruffneck can you tell me where the enzyms regarding to our problem are working? in the liver? is it an enzym problem?

i can talk from my own experience that my liver detoxification tests were the only ones substantially out of range and i had most of the tests you can imagine done.CAT scan of my brain , abdominal scan with dye injection , blood tests inc thyroid , iron , glucose , mag , b12 , calcium , WBC count , RBC count , total T , thyroids etc all up at least 25-30 different tests.

my advice is to get something called saliva adrenal profile (shows hormones such as cortisol , DHEA and another one) and liver detoxification profile in that order.if you read in that saw palmetto thread in the original post there should be my own results in there.

i hope that you and everyone here gets well soon.
all the best.

Help, sure it will pass, look at me and ruffneck the anxiety and brain
fog will definatly pass or get better. I dont’t think it is irreversible,
it is reversible however it will take times and in the mean time you need to help your body to recover from the mess that saw palmetto created.

Hi Ruffneck how is it going ? is has been a while since i saw you posting.
I think there is a correlation to all of this. It start with the brain,
you get anxiety, depression and bad sleep (this is very important) and
from here on the taxing on your liver and addrenal can become intolerable for the body hence the state of tiredness and unable to focus
become more strong. It is a viciuos cycle and can be very difficult to
break.

Ruffneck and Japanther how is your sleep ? do you wake up regularly ? or do you have deep sleep ?

quite similar , have bad and good days
food intolerances have been slightly better though i try and avoid problem foods.itchy skin and skin rash are gone.brain fog is the same (ie always there).libido/ED comes and goes.

i am going to take a month or so off the computer and do more meditation , light exercise etc .i would like to have stayed off the computer earlier but have had to finish my study work the past few weeks.now that is out of the way i can do it.sometimes i find entering debates on forums can drain me a little.

keratin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8394

some more reports of people having negative effects from this herb

anyway i was looking through terp03s posts , his symptoms are similar to myselfs and we both had issues with saw p.his DHEA reading was around 5x the normal , it is possible the problem here is too high DHEA causing a recurring stress loop in the body thus overloading the liver.

I am sorry for you Help.
Seems like your symptoms are just like ours, and this may mean that some men are sensitive to ANY 5ar inhibitor, not only finasteride.

Hi, @The_Ruffneck @help

Can you please reply on how did you cure it? It’s been 2 months since I took just two capsules of this horrific drug saw palmetto https://www.amazon.in/Bhumija-Lifesciences-Palmetto-Nettle-Capsule/dp/B07HXTCFZ9/

I have panic attacks just like you and constant nausea. I’ve never had panic attacks ever in my life. Can you please help me with how you fixed it? I beg you please reply! My life is going for a toss.

@sawpalmettoextract, A rule was recently instated requiring a detailed member story , including completed symptoms checklist and timelines, from all those who wish to participate on the forum.

You will be permitted to post on the forum again after you have completed a member story.

I’ve noticed you have been replying to the content of some members who haven’t logged-in for many years. You will be much more likely to get responses after sharing details of your experience with saw palmetto.