Help: Dealing with a crash from four months ago and feeling helpless, appreciate any experienced poster's feedback & advice

This is my second time starting this thread topic

I will try be as brief as possible. Basically I recovered fully from penal shrinkage and subsequently crashed and that symptom won

Start of summer 2020 I transitioned over from oral Finasteride (22 years on it) to topical Finasteride

I then started to developed horrendous sides, I weaned of it and finally came off it three months later where many sides continued

Over the following months through a lot of gym work, no drinking, no smoking , physio massage, chiro work and supplementing Vitamin D and Boron I was recovering quite well.

One of the worst sides was penal shrinkage which Vitamin D and Boron 100% resolved, in fact my penis in its flacid and erect stage was bigger than I ever remember.

Ten months after quitting Fin, I still had puffy nipples from gyno I developed. I decided to try a DIM supplement to see if it would improve things and within two days I felt something not right in my body. As the days went by my penis progress diminished, my penis became smaller and thinner.

DIM crashed me and set me backwards.

I ONLY TOOK DIM FOR TWO DAYS

That was four months ago and I have had only little improvement.

Now this is where I would like to pick somebody’s brains, if I take Vitamin
D or Boron now I don’t get any improvement, rather things disimprove.

I have subsequently learned that DIM is powerful enough to affect 5ar receptor

So could it be that the testosterone jump Boron and Vitamin D once gave me is now turning too much into estrogen and my 5ar receptor is out of kilter?

I didn’t experience worsening of any other of my post fin symptoms.

I was thinking of taking Zinc high dose to try stop Vit D converting to estrogen but I am nervous about making things worse

One final thing , I tried a Tribulous supplement 8 weeks ago and my gyno got worse, my sensitivity to light indoors and surrounding noise got worse, anxiety increased, can no longer really drink coffee and joint pain got worse.

Funny enough two weeks later I went on holidays for two weeks and it was hot and sunny everyday and it was like it kick started my body, don’t know how it happened but the sun and heat resolved most of the shit Tribulous did to me, that is just another days topic but made my think the sun may be very therapeutic for some of us , also my penis was bigger on holidays.

Zinc and vitamin d as well as tribulus have made many worse, search the forum to see

In good faith we can’t prescribe anything to you to try for recovery besides waiting and letting time heal you

It’s common to see improvements in sides in a 12 month time frame, especially neuro symptoms

It’s also common for people to try stuff, and then crash over and over

So if you want to experiment with stuff you’d have to take that risk from you own judgement

Research all compounds to see how people have reacted with here on this website. For example you’ll see SSRI’s and b12 have many people crash further

Also research if a compound or substance has any hormone interactions

Generally you want to stay away from it if it does

1 Like

@lakehouse

Thank you for the reply. I know time can help with matters and improvements I am testament to that before my DIM crash

But do you or anyone reading this know of people having improvements with their 5ar receptors because without that I don’t see how I can achieve improvements with my penal issue.

Before my DIM crash I know Vitamin D worked wonders and Boron (sorry to be detailed) but it increased the head size of my penis

If I can get my body to respond to them again, I believe I can fix this penis issue.

Easier said than done but could time heal our receptors?

1 Like

if we knew how to fix our overexpressed receptors, none of us would likely be here.

one thing works for a while, then crashes people

one thing works for some, and the same protocol crashes someone else

let time do the healing, and just try to hang on to whatever your baseline is. contribute to our community projects so that we can get better data that will help us find protocols that really work for everyone

i know this isnt what you want to hear, but ive been here long enough now to stop experimenting and focusing on stuff that will help us aim better in terms of solutions

the last thing you want is to try stuff that worked before, or things you think might work, and to just inevitbly get worse

and with PFS, things can ALWAYS get worse

also, we should be getting good news soon (by the end of the year i think?) in terms of new studies being proposed and funded. they might even be transparant so it will be exciting to see things moving in a positive direction.

2 Likes

how are you feeling now? Any improvement?

I took two tribulus capsules last summer(August) and basically caused more havoc to my body.

I believe it induced adrenal issues, it is only in the last few weeks I have started to address this. I am on a strict adrenal friendly diet and will be doing a 24hr Cortisol saliva test nest week.

Tribulus has caused me so much stress.

There is a poster on here by the name of Andras who also took two tribulus and his blood tests showed elevated estrogen and cortisol

I believe that is exactly what happened to me but now my cortisol is just way out of whack.

Basically tribulus and DIM are both 5ari

Note to others be very careful what people recommend you take on here, there should be a big banner with a massive health warning whenever tribulus is in a thread title.

The stuff is DANGEROUS

inform us about these tests please

Are you sweating?

what form of Boron you took? I have never tried Boron.

Before I took 2 tribulus last August my body could handle any supplement and before I took DIM, boron was great for me, it actually increased head size of my penis.

I tried to take boron again a few months ago and developed back pain, thoracic spine pain and fatigue. Couple months later tested very low Vitamin D so supplemented on it but very slowly as body now very sensitive and got back, neck and knee pain so had to stop
Since tribulus I can no longer tolerate coffee the way I used to, I get fatigued if I do sunbeds get fatigued too and very very thirsty later that evening, get bone or muscle pain with fatigue with many supplements.

My Vitamin D tested very low, my thyroid went to hypo, my triglycerides became elevated out of range, tribulus screwed my body over, I believe it wreaked havoc with my adrenals.

Anyhow, it is summer where I live and my vitamin D levels have gone back into to range just about, also eating as much vitamin D food as I can, my triglycerides back to normal, I believe they both correlate with eachother in PFS

My iron serum tested low, my transferrin was 25%
My GP said no need to supplement iron but I took an iron supplement anyway and my iron serum now in range, transferrin upto 45% and I take magnesium and small vitamin c and now my thyroid back to normal.

I am currently eating strict diet, do exercise and feel if I can fix my adrenals I can 90% get out of this mess.

Before all this I was your typical gym guy, very muscular, very fit, very healthy and always healed quickly after any illness or procedure.

I think when I heal my adrenals my muscle will improve more and I will be able to tolerate vitamin D, Boron or caffeine.

It’s crazy to think 2 tribulus capsules can do this damage

It also spiked my estrogen because my already mild gyno worsened on my right side and also got slight dent on right cheek and popping sounds on right delt and alopecia barbae

But things are improving and I am hopeful. I now get morning wood every morning and sometimes very very strong. My testosterone went from 25 to 19 so still reasonably good.

Chap called Andras on this forum took two tribulus as well and basically much worsened his before very mild PFS

I am in the exact same boat, he 90% recovered, that’s my aim.

Before tribulus I drank a coffee every morning and could handle any supplement.

After tribulus coffee would make me nervous and anxious, would make my penal shrinkage worse.
Tried sunbeds and got fatigued.
Most supplements fatigue me or give me body aches now.
Few weeks ago took glutamine and experienced chest pan, palpitations, fatigue etc
Couple months ago hand an epsom salts bath got palpitations and my penal shrinkage worsened and took ten days to get back to base.

I know this has to be adrenal related.

My 24 hr cortisol test kit arrived in post this morning, I will do it next week and send it off and if results show my adrenals lagging have to make a choice to see an endocrinologist or naturopath depending on the remedy I feel best.

There is an endocrinologist in the city I live who apparently has seen PFS patients and is aware of this condition.

His secretary told me his clinic is full, I suspect part reason a backlog from COVID but if my adrenals show an issue I may try personally write to him and ask him to see me.

Same happens with me.
Do you sweat? How is your weight?

I don’t sweat as much as I used to nor is my BO as strong as it used to be

I will say though about six months ago I went on vitamin A for three weeks had to stop because then even with supplements my body could handle better was giving me acid reflux and it was affecting my gums

But in those three weeks, I developed teenage spots on forehead, stronger erections and stronger BO

There is a thread on this forum where people experience similar with proviron and a link to a study posted on that thread showing vitamin A can increase DHT

So I wonder was that happening to me

Right now my focus is addressing adrenals and then looking into reintroducing vitamin A into my routine again

As for my weight, I have lost 16 pounds in last 3 months
Started eating much healthier and stopped drinking four weeks ago.

Hey @IrishLegend have you got your vasopressin tested ever? what were levels?

I have never heard of vasopressin

Why would I test for it can I ask?

if you are peeing more than normal than vaspressin might be lower than normal.