Heart Damage from PFS?

Have been reading that Ar is highly involved in heart muscle…I cannot run and have very little wind and breathing difficulties with slight exertion…Anyone experience this? I was a running 5ks and kept dropping off little by little…I have read that it damages muscle and some even claim has caused heart attacks…My physical symptoms are no better anyone who has kept up with my posts in here with the tissue changes and massive weight gain…

1 Like

Yeah I mentioned this before in another thread myself, excersise doesn’t make me feel good, I usually vomit after running and my vision goes black and flickers, I get very dizzy and light headed like I’m going to faint. I have a very high heart rate a lot of the time. I’ve been like this a few years but it’s now worse after accutane, so probably started with SSRI’s and got worse with more perscription drug use. Just speculation but I don’t feel like my body works as it should, the biggest lad in my class who was much more unfit could still run, i always got in trouble for not keeping up with everyone and had to hide the fact I’d run to the toilet to vomit after, always thought this was normal to be honest because I’m so used to it now. I tried doing coach to 5k on my phone but I didn’t improve, still felt awful running, definitely something off but ECGs have came out saying my heart’s fine and nothings wrong. So I’d say it’s just related to this condition and no actual physical damage.

Put it this way I’ve been like this ages now and I ain’t dead from a heart attack yet :grin: so that’s a good sign.

1 Like

I developed palpitations and heart pain/tightening after I stopped finasteride. I was getting them for about a year and a half I think. I get them much less often now (I am 2.5 years post finasteride). There is literature indicating finasteride and dutasteride cause heart problems, which makes sense since androgens affect muscle, and the heart is a muscle.

Jesus Christ. How many more things can be fucked up by this “safe” medicine.

5 Likes

I feel the same way, very fit but even fast walks and not taking breaks when talking makes me very gassed and my heart races… goddamn

Same for me with the heart. Have done a lot of tests for this, everything returned normal. Only an effort test showed electrical strange results, to exclude any coronary problems i got an IRM Stress test for the heart prescribed. This one returned normal, so th Heart doc told me everything is ok, you have to live with the arithmies.

All speculation. In all likelyhood the heart is the least of our problems. If there were serious heart issues due to finasteride this forum would have been drowning in threads about heart issues detected by doctors through monitoring.

4 Likes

i have been complaining of this as well. At work (carpentry) picking up a small chair would leave me out of breath. It like my whole body has bad or no oxygen in it. Testicles feel rock hard and even my nipples let out some kind of discharge. The discharge happened 2-3 times at work and hasn’t happened since…

1 Like

ECGs are all fine.
In literature antiandrogens are useful to treat heart disorders. (see below)

It’s simply an anxiety disorder probably due to neurosteroid imbalance.
In fact react very well to benzos and SSRIs.
I understand your situation because I have had the same problems but don’t worry you haven’t an heart disease.

2 Likes