Have any of you become shorter?

So has anyone else experienced real height loss? Im just curious. Checking out your bone density seems a good starting point.

2 Likes

This drug is fuckin Tchernobyl…
This is insane…

5 Likes

I mean anything is possible, after what we experienced we cant rule it out. I would just like to see some evidence for the height loss. Even for PFS cases this is rare to see (not more than a handful at most claimed this).

If you make such a significant claim I think at least some relevant evidence/data should be provided. Otherwise I have to believe that you are exaggerating, as I also cant see the gyno.

i lost 3/4 inch in height. it was almost like it happened over night and I believe it is a symptom of low testosterone. This disease is relentless and very persistent , it is as though it has in some way or another affected every aspect of my health. I noticed the height in loss when i was pretty close to feeling my worse. Recently I cut out dairy on top of gluten and have noticed an improvement in mental sides and got some of my strength back and have been sleeping better as well and have noticed my hair has started to fall out like crazy again. did anyone on else on a restricted diet notice an increase in hair shedding???Not sure if that is a good sign or a sign that body is in shock. Eitherway i will measure myself again in six months to see if the height loss has continued. im already short so shrinking anymore would be horrible.

2 Likes

I lost 4cm in height

2 Likes

If some people here have their jaw narrowed, reducing of the height does not seem to be that impossible… Actually that reminds me to check my height. I am suppose to be 174cm tall. Will check after work and will report back.

4 Likes

Pretty sure I shrunk as well I used to be 5 8”
Now I’m 5 7.5” makes sense because I also have severe lower back problems since my crash it probably damaged my spine structure.

2 Likes

I definitely feel isotretinoin has affected my height growth since I took it at just 18 years of age and Vitamin A is known to quicken epiphyseal closure.

2 Likes

This is one good article. As I thought… We are old people now.

Does my dick count? ( Sorry for the black humor)…:unamused:

2 Likes

Guys are you all sure about this? This freaked me out because my main concern was if accutane have damaged my height grow or not when i took 4 pills and quit when i was 16.
You sure the pre and post measurments were correct? When did you first notice the height loss and you think is it because of the spine density loss due to lack of active androgens?
@AaronF @LazarusRy @betweenjobs

1 Like

What you mean by “feel”? Is this a conclusion made out of the comparison between your family members? Details would be good, thanks bro.

1 Like

Doctors had my final height estimated at 6’4”, but I never grew an inch after Accutane. Missed that growth from 18-20 when many of my peers caught up to me in height. Hard to say if it was Accutane or not and sucks a bit that there’s nothing that can be done about it now if it was. Just a fact of life with Accutane.

3 Likes

You took Accutane at 18? Never knew that.
Also thats exactly what i experience, many of my close friends catched me up and 2-3 cm taller than me now. But it could be just the way it is. I have my libido and erections which indicates that i probably shouldn’t have experienced any damage on height grow. I really wonder has anyone experienced height grow in following years after an Accutane crash.? Hard to know with Fin cuz no 16-18 year old experiences hair loss to a degree to using Fin to stop it.
I was just leaving the forum until i saw this thread, :roll_eyes::thinking:.

1 Like

From adulthood I was 177cm and never changed then between 2008 and 2014 I lost a total of 4cm couldn’t understand why! Now I think know why

3 Likes

Why are you letting this torture you? If you’re at or above average height, I wouldn’t worry about it. You claim to have the mildest symptoms (not even knowing if you have PFS) yet you are one of the most active posters. I think if most of us were in your position, we would deactivate our accounts and never look back. I’m not trying to give you a hard time, I’m just saying this site isn’t healthy for you. If you micro analyze everything people say on here you will start to convince yourself that you have these symptoms.

7 Likes

Just checked my height. I’ve lost half an inch since I crashed (October 2018). Bone loss is a concerning symptom.

0.5 inch is the variation in height from morning to night though.

4 Likes

I have seen this post and I wanted to tell you that. Hight changes. you see when you sleep, you are horizontally and gravity doesn’t make your spine contract. in between spinal bones there is a soft “part” (I don’t know what its called). any way Hight changes during the day because of gravity. so you are shorter at night and in the morning you are longer/taller. this is a fact.

other more likely reason is that you made mistake measuring Hight. there is no other way, just no way to become shorter I mean imaging what would have had to happen if it was physical bone shrinkage.

on off the topic Demon you have mentioned symptoms that resembles malnutrition. like hair cooler change. make sure you eat well.

1 Like

Fair play lads thanks for that. Apologies for jumping to conclusion.