Has this ever crossed your mind?

Has it ever crossed your mind to try something or some protocol for a certain amount of time. But then giving up right before the unknowing cure comes?

Example: Say you try a certain diet or supplement out for 3 or 6 months… no changes happen so you give up… but if you would have just gotten to that 4th or 7th month you would have cured yourself. But since you gave up you never try that diet or supplement ever again. This is one of my biggest fears. Coming so close to a cure and giving up and never knowing that I was close to being done with this nightmare. Ughhh

1 Like

cure as you say most often doesn’t come suddenly you will improve over time slowly but you will notice. I don’t know sudden improvements that cane be caused by diet after 4-7 month of starting. we have people in here who have improvements doing different diets it is benefits come over time. from my experience I had improvements that would last for 1 week or so and it would go away I didn’t know what triggered it and I can’t explain it with logical reasoning. but on the good note I am getting better and better every month. I don’t do anything crazy and it looks like I am on right truck so I am not changing anything or adding any supplement. It has good chance of messing me up even more.
you have to be careful what you put in your body people have gotten worst trying to replicate others recovery.
I truly wish we had silver bullet take one medication and all this gone. whatever shit this is.

It definitely crosses lots of people’s minds. It is a key component of how people peddling alternative health treatments keep their customers buying. “…Nearly there” always nearly. Never actually there.

4 Likes

This type of thinking probably occurs in a lot of people’s minds but I can tell you that is an absolutely useless thought train.
I’ve been recovering from a pretty deep chronic depression for a while now and I can tell you that it was exactly this sort of negative ‘what-if’ thinking that held me back.
It’s basically mental automutilation. Nothing but drama created out of thin air to create a “comfort zone” of melancholy, because having something to fear or dramatic about is at least familiar and defined instead of stepping into the unknown all the time.

It’s a negative perspective when you could also be looking at it from a positive perspective, like: Hey I tried this thing for months, it didn’t change anything for me, I have learned something from this, I can share results and see how others have maybe fared, even if the results aren’t positive per se. It’s something you would not have known if you hadn’t tried. They add a tiny bit to the bigger picture.

And when it comes to diet or supplement trajectories… having one or two cheat days in a time period of months probably doesn’t ruin your whole effort. Just pick it up again it’s not gone to waste.

I know it’s hard but try to live inside the ‘here and now’ more instead of worrying about the future or the past all the time.

1 Like

If I don’t feel an improvement or change within the first week I drop it.

Whoa how many things have you tried? Any luck with any or bad experiences?

the key word that you mentioned here is “mind.” Mind is the key. If your mind believes that something good will happen if you keep doing something, that is like a placebo effect. An expectation creating a reality in your own mind. Thus, stopping said action is interpreted by your mind’s belief that “only if I persevered another day/week/month/year.” It’s all mental. It is what keeps people voting for the same politicians who vote against what those people need, it’s what keeps people hopefully when they keep playing the same numbers at the lottery, etc.