Has anyone tried CBT-I therapy for insomnia?

Saw a sleep Dr today who is now sending me to another sleep Dr. tomorrow and they are talking CBT-I. Seems to me this probably wouldnt work on a brain that is missing allopregnanolone. Anyone have any experience or results?

I had a sleep routine that I used at the beginning of all this, I think it helped to a degree. I definitely think it’s worth giving it a try. I found it easier to get to sleep when I had been having trouble.

Did your sleep improve over time?

It has improved for sure. At my worst I slept zero hours some nights. I now can get at least 5 hours a night and normally can get back to sleep, though it often takes a long time to feel sleepy again.

Are you taking any meds or supplements for sleep? Right now I cant imagine getting any sleep at all without some sort of melatonin, Unisom or god forbid on the bad nights Klonipin.

This is all my supplements:
Carnitine
Vitamin E
Vitamin D
Cod Liver Oil
Multivitamin
Pomegranate juice.
Probiotic yoghurt / kefir

I don’t eat anything that inhibits 5AR (to my knowledge).

I try and eat relatively healthily.

That is the limit of what I do. I am interested in getting something to help improve my sleep further though.

If I lived in the USA I’d almost certainly have got some melatonin and maybe a vape pen with cannabis oil, which I believe has been successful for some here.

Have you tried Glycine? Thats my next step. Also, Valerian Root, GABA, Hops, Passion Flower, Theanine…