Has anyone had something similar?

Hi im new here sorry if i posted in the wrong section. Anyways im making this thread because i really need to know if someone has something similar. About 2 years ago i decided to take dutasteride/avodart. while being on avodart my life consisted of going being infront of a screen for a very long time. anyways around the 3 month make of use my eyes couldnt focus onn the middle of the screen and it kept wandering to the edges and there i knew something was off so i got off the computer. anyways that night as i slept i woke up with the most insane panic attack and i could not recognize myself in the mirror. (ive had past anxiety and ive had this before but very mild). after that happened i freaked out and my whole perspective and brain function was destroyed. I had starbursts, halos, depersonalization and dereealization to the extreme, sleep paralysis, the worst memory and it felt like i had the brain of a 200 year old man. there were more side effects but these are the biggest. so after 2 years ive made very good progress but one thing still holds me back. if i look at any type of computer or phone screen it sends me backwards in terms of progress. i start becoming ehat i was 2 years ago. this also happens when listening to music on my earphones or loud music. Im nowhere near what i was 2 years ago but i avoid music and phones and tvs like crazy, i only use my phone to trxt my gf but i have to wear blue light blocking glasses. i havent watched a movie or tv in 2 years and idk how i can live like this forever. what could be the problem

Also i forgot to mention extreme emotional bluntness. i had no feelings. my connection to humans was basically zero. at one point i had some weird derealization attack where it felt like i was a dog inside a humans brain (hard to explain wjthout sounding crazy) BUT it was if i couldnt connect withh these people whatsoever. i was not the same thing, i felt very alien which caused a panic attack. this was long ago and i feel very normal but i dont want to go back to that and i need to look at screens for my upcoming school. im really lost and idk what to do

Thats hard… hope time heals you

Is that your only symptom? Is the blue light the trigger? Can you look at a TV with the blue light glasses on?

I would say apart from lack of some emotions and some cognitive decline which gets better with time ill say that its the only symptom i have that bothers me. and i can watch tv or go on the phone with the bluelight glasses but not for long and the bigger and brighter the screen the less time i can look at it. think of it like the more i watch the more symptoms will reoccur. i can watch a full 10 hour series marathon but id probably be very lost and confused and bad symptoms would be there afterwards. exercise and good sleep make me feel a lot more normal afterwards too. and also i dont do it often but when i get drunk screens and music DO NOT effect me at all. its the strangest thing ever, if i could mimick what drinking does to my brain my problem would be solved. i know very little about the brain but i believe what i have has something to do with how GABA functions in my brain. somehhings off

1 Like

also the glasses help but they dont solve the problem. ill still get symptoms even with them on, it just takes longer for the symptoms to occur

I assume the intensity of the light is important then.

If you’re able to use your own screen for school could you use a very low brightness one? Could you somehow get something like a kindle screen which doesn’t have a backlight?

Ill look into a kindle forsure thats a good idea

and yes the intensity is important

It’s expensive but this might work for you, there’s no backlight.

2 Likes

You should try f.lux - it’s a program that reduces blue light on your computer. I work in software and I am on my PC 24/7, and I always have this on.strong text