Has anyone had libido improvement with Bupropion?

I know that Wellbutrin can improve dopamine levels and that even in the absence of androgens, the body can achieve sexuality via DA. Has anyone had any success with this or know of any recovery stories. I’m thinking of having it prescribed.

1 Like

I am also interested in dopamine. I have been told that taking bupropion and increased libido. How is cabergoline? I was often told to be prescribed off-label.

It’s not going to do wonders but it has some effect. I find that I’m checking out girls more as well.

I’d take anything at this point. I spoke a bit on here in the past about how I went through an opiate problem since having PFS. It was the only thing that gave me libido (presumably through ths DA surge). Obviously that isn’t a viable option so I’m hoping to find something. I’m 28 right now and have spent the past 4 years crippled from this condition. I imagine any of those people who have spontaneous recovery, don’t wait this ling for it to happen.

1 Like

I tried Caber but it was only like 0.5mg once a week. I still have some so I may up the dose slightly. But at that dose, my libido didn’t move from 0%

Oh God
It’s frustrating. Do you plan to raise more doses? If cabergoline is ineffective, I think there is a high likelihood that there will be no bupropion effect.

1 Like

I took Bupropion for three years and initially it seemed to provide mild improvement in mood. But it gave me brain fog (anti-cholinergic effects) and it did not improve libido. In the end, I decided the mood improvements were placebo and I was happier off of it than on. When I stopped I immediately become more intelligent and my mood and libido stayed the same.

1 Like