Has anyone ever had a bad experience with beard balm?

I recently ordered a beard balm (though it’s really for mustache+goatee lol) but didn’t look at the ingredients, which are as follows:

virgin argan, golden jojoba, avocado, sweet almond, virgin pumpkin seed, and apricot kernel oils which are "then masterfully blended with fruit and nut butters and 7 hair enhancing essential oils.

I know i’ve seen a couple of these mentioned here, though I can’t remember if they’re supposed to be good for you or bad or whatever.

If they are bad, is it really possible they could be absorbed into the system from facial application?

Yes, it could be absorbed.

How strong/potent those ingredients are is part of the equation, I avoid avocado as it has 5ari properties. Some people here eat all sorts without effect.

If those ingredients are extracts, they could be very concentrated, and more potent than eating a fruit may be.

So, it has the potential to cause you a problem. How likely that is, I don’t know.

1 Like

1 Like

I also try to limit avacado. Pumpkin seeds are really bad in my experience.

Most “oils”, even healthy oils like olive oil can have 5ari’s or ARi’s that are detrimental to us. I try to stick to butter, bacon greece, or small amounts of olive oil when cooking.

But yes, they can still be absorbed through the skin into the system.

1 Like