Guys Please Help...Fatigue, body weight gain, eye problems

Hi Guys,

I just want to say I am so glad that I came across this group! I took Propecia for about 4 to 5 weeks at the beginning of 2006, and now I am 29. I was a very vain guy, loved my hair, but it was failing drastically! so was advised to take propecia. Biggest mistake of my life. I havent felt like I did prior to taking the drug, but i never suspected it was due to propecia. After coming across this forum, I simply could not believe how many similarties there are with me and the rest of the people on this forum. I feel so DOWN now, and depressed now with this.
I only realised there was something wrong when at the gym, pre 2006 I could put on 8 to 10 kgs in 3 months, full muscle! My waist was a narrow 28 inches (9% body), and I have never in my life had a belly, always been slim. Anyways recently I tried to train again, and was lifting alot heavier weights, and training much harder, but my body feels soft and not TIGHT and I have a slight belly around my love handles and below my belly button. It feel like a tyre around and below my belly.
I have the following symptoms I belive:

• Face is reddish, and sometimes with little dots, dry skin that can scaly on my face
  • EXTREME fatigue, even if I sleep for 8 to 10 hours
  • I Have fat around my belly - ( Im 13% body fat now)
    *My body feels alot less tight- have difficulty putting mass on
  • eyes hurt - someone is pushing down on them
    slight dark circlues & sunken eyes
  • nails sometimes purple

Guys please help me, and recommend on what I should do. Sexually Im fine, I was probably the sex crazed person I knw. I used to have sex everyday, 3 to 5 hours at a time…it still works fine, but a slight reductin in hardness. I slight get random/morning hard ons…so I think its fine I hope, and can have sex for nearer to the same time.

SO what I am saying please could you recommend what I should, I am going to get a blood tested, with the recommended tests.

1. How did you find this forum? Searched the web

2. What is your current age, height, weight? 29, 1.67cm, 9st 1lbs

3. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? Weights

4. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? Indian, curry lol

5. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? Hair loss

6. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?4 to 5 weeks

7. How old were you when you started Finasteride? 25

8. How old were you when you quit? 25

9. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey

10. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? Propecia

11. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg day

12. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? 3 monnths

13. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Gyno

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[x ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[x ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[x ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

I have not taken any treatment. The reason being, I thought I was getting old, and these effects kind of crept up on me.

1. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

2. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

I would just say that if anyone is losing hair, get a wig, and be natural. I got prescribed this like it they were sweets, you could but at the shop.

1. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Read FAQ at top of site, get bloodwork per propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92 to see what’s up.

Once you have results you can evaluate next steps.

Hi guys,

well, i took propecia for 6 weeks, bacin 2006, no real sexual side effects…as in my dick looked smaller,but it worked fine, it did feel thinner than before…but it was as hard a rock lol but had other sides…lik weight gain, increased hair on body…brain fog etc

any-ways, i decided to take some test boosters,…this year, to see if what they like… also I took a Anabolic Extreme PCT, dnt know why lol…to reduce esto and increased test!

these are the ingredients
6-Bromoandrostenedione 25mg - this could have shut down hpta…properly…it may have been semi shutdown before.
Cordyceps sinensis concentrate (20% Polysaccarides) 450mg
L-Histidine HCL 100mg
Grape seed extract (95% Procyanidolic oligomers) 50mg

any-ways i took this for like 3 to 4 weeks maybe…and it did work to a degree…after say, 2 weeks, my dick totally died, it feels so light, cant get erections, balls are so much smaller, the shaft has shrunk badly,it looks darker, no sensation, it feels like rubber, its feels like a bloody pencil…no spontaneous hard-ons…now i know how some of you guys are feeling…i never experienced this before…even after i stopped propecia…

im so scared…i dnt know what to do…ive just had a blood test for test and estrodial…this doctors here are idiots, no one understands…im literally shitting my self…please advise me guys, please help…im even thinking about suicide…its so f****G crazy…i don’t know how to approach this…so some advise would be really appreciated

Have you seen an endocrinologist? Have you had hormone testing done? That would be a logical place to start. Would be best to find a doctor who recognizes PFS and its effects. Check the doctors section of the forum to see if there is one near you. There are quite a few guys here from London, maybe they will respond to this thread when they have the time.

Certainly possible Fin could have caused this after 4 yrs but would be nice to have someone rule other things out first.

Have you filled out the profile section in the new members thread? That would help people respond more accurately.

Get off ALL supplements/minerals/meds for at least 2 weeks and see how you feel before trying anything else.

That actually sounds like pretty good advice. Would be great if its jus some reaction your having to supps and not PFS obviously. Should rule that out first.

Hi Guy,

Really appreciate your advise, I thank you. I ve stopped the supplements, and its got worser since then. My balls actually scaled up…and grow…it was well weird…and i kept on getting hardons for about 4 days…that was 3 months ago…since then its been DEAD, do you know what this could mean?

Now you should get blood work done. But stay off everything until after the results.

Any update? How are you now after more than ten years? I´m suffering extreme fatigue too

1 Like