Green Tea may boost Dopamine Levels

Not sure if this has been posted before. Some research shows that green tea is good for Parkinsons Disease and may boost dopamine levels:

psychologytoday.com/articles … -the-brain

islamset.com/healnews/altern … light.html

Might be better off with something like this:

ergo-log.com/mucunatest.html

“We already know how the endocrine mechanism in Mucuna pruriens works: the body converts L-Dopa into the neurotransmitter dopamine. Dopamine increases the activity in the brain centres that regulate sexuality and the production of sex hormones.”

Green tea is has caffeine which is a stimulant. Stimulants tend to boost dopamine levels (the strongest one to my knowledge is cocaine). Caffeine is the second known substance in the world behind cocaine with the most full-body effects. These substances are all going to boost dopamine but they are just stimulants with temporary effects that our bodies adjust to. Leaving us worn out and further back than when we started.

Is anyone feeling better in the long run by dosing with stimulants in the long run?

I don’t believe the articles on green tea implied that the increase in dopamine was from caffiene. The top article states:

Green tea can be purchased in a de-caffenated variety so that you can get the phytochemicals without the caffiene. The second article also talks about how green tea affects dopamine levels:

Decaffinated green tea is not fully decaffinated. They basically soak it a little to get the majority out. Same effect happens if you brew a tea for 1 minute, dump it out, then brew again with the same tea leaves. The caffeine level is simply reduced. Same with decaf coffee.

This study claims that mice (ok at least they’re mammels) fed green tea had increases in both testosterone and DHT:

Note that the study states that black tea reduces DHT levels:

jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/133/2/516#SEC2

Most of the Green tea they sell in the grocery stores in the US and other countries is garbage. There is very little actual green tea leaves in the bags. If it is actual green tea, it ususually tiny bits of it.

I travel to China and Taiwan relatively often and buy my green tea there. It is very good quality and can be purchased much cheaper there as well. Some of what I buy is the actual dried green tea leaves without the bags.

There is a very low number of men that develp prostate cancer in most of the asian countries compared to the US. Many beleive it may be the green tea that actually wards off the cancer in these men.

It could be the soy reducing test also, Asian diets are heavy with it.

Let’s use this thread positively. Everyone who has contributed to this thread needs to sign up for Dr Irwig’s excellent trial.

We NEED PEOPLE to sign up for this. WE NEED NUMBERS. Please.

It is easy. This is how I did it.

1. Print off the consent form. Sign it and fax it to Dr Irwig. The fax number is highlighted. If you have no fax, please email it or scan it to propeciastudy@gmail.com

2. Send an email to propeciastudy@gmail.com with your name and your telephone number.

It took me 2 minutes. Maybe 3 minutes.
THE DOCTORS WE RELY ON TREAT US NEED A SIGNIFICANT STUDY. We need this study.

Please.

I am desperate. I have a brother and sister who I love dearly but haven’t been able to love them properly for 9 years. I now live in a different country to them cos I ran away cos Finasteride ruined me.

I weighed 48kg in 2004 before I started TRT.

I have a lovely girlfriend I can’t have sex with because my dick is too limp cos of Finasteride.

Any of this sound familiar?

Every person in this study is a DIRECT stepping stone to getting this sorted.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fill it out and send it. Yes, you. YOU.

My interview is on Monday 26th April. He phones me. Easy.

JN

This is the link. Do it now. Not tomorrow. You do it now.

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Martin, I have read that also. That surely could be a possibility, knowone seems to know for sure why the asian countries have such a lower incedence of prostate cancer.

Who knows, but apparantly what ever they are doing it isn’t lowering their testoserone. I think it’s fair to say Chinese have no trouble procreating with 1.3 billion people.

Could you post a study that confirms this? There seems to be alot of mis-information on hair loss boards that state that green tea lowers DHT. However I could not find any studies backing this up. I did post a study above that shows that it indeed increases DHT and T in mice. This study is quoted quite a bit on bb’s on the internet. Here is another one however it doesn’t refererence the studies it claims green tea lowers dht:

psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

This study indicates that a combination of green tea, blueberries, Vitamin D, and Carnosine can increase stem cells in bone marrow. Might be worth a try since stem cells can transform into any type of cell in the body. Maybe we could get our damaged cells to regenerate and function normally again…

lef.org/magazine/mag2006/dec2006_awsi_01.htm

More on bone marrow stem cells:

njms.umdnj.edu/gsbs/stemcell/hot … e-hsc.html

Finally a good write up from one of the body building sites on green tea, for those that are interested. The side effects section has a good summary of DHT and T level effects from green tea:

ironmagazine.com/review50.html

Green tea polyphenol EGCG blunts androgen receptor function in prostate cancer