Greatly worsened sleep apnea - reversible?

I sleep with a CPAP machine for my obstructive sleep apnea. PAP machines provide pressured air to splint open the airway to prevent it from collapsing during sleep, measured in centimeters of water (cmH2O). Before taking that one dose of fin, I used to be able to eliminate over 90% of my sleep apnea at a pressure setting of 9cmH2O. Last night I was getting nasty long apneas lasting almost minute at almost 13cmH2O which was wholly unprecedent for me. I didn’t take any sleep aids, either. That’s a steep increase in pressure need and I can’t even tolerate a minimum pressure setting around that high.

Anyone else with sleep apnea notice theirs worsening with PFS?

Morever, I’ve been doing these myofunctional therapy exercises which is to train the tongue and mouth to reduce my sleep apnea and to prepare for tongue-tie release surgery that supposedly helps to strengthen tongue tone and reduce sleep apnea/disturbed breathing at night. I think my tongue has developed fissures and started getting really painful at those fissures during these exercises and has lost considerable strength as I now struggle to do some of these exercises.

I’ve found that people have reported developing sleep apnea from PFS, but I wonder if anyone’s sleep apnea has gotten better over time as they recover from their PFS?

https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article-abstract/41/suppl_1/A340/4988966?redirectedFrom=fulltext

1 Like

No improvement. Obstructive apneas have still worsened as reported on two different PAP machines. I’m getting severely long apneas (85 seconds) at very high pressures that I’ve never gotten before in my life while my weight has actually gone down.

Thanks for sharing and I’m sorry to hear it. I have had severe problems with my autonomic breathing both in the day and night. I have no way of knowing besides not waking up drowning how it is now in the little sleep I get as I have no machine, but this did lessen over time for me. I hope you’ll get some relief. It’d be great if you include these values when you take the survey launching soon.