Gpt-chat is so useful

These days I have been using openIA (chat-gpt) to understand topics without getting involved in trying to understand papers, which is now impossible for me.

What I was most interested in was to understand the following concepts and their relationship: hippocampus, cortisol, benzodiazepines, GABA overgulation/overregulation, cholinergic system, neurogenesis, alleprognanolone, etc. .

Sometimes he is able to cross three variables or concepts all referenced with papers and explain the relations so synthesized (if you ask him later).

Even if you ask him specifically, he is able to recommend habits or supplements. Although in the sub-space of pfs syndrome even the recommendation of the ia has to be taken with a grain of salt. F.ex he recommended me in a topic resveratrol which was harmful for one pfs sufferer in the past If I’m not wrong

When this tool was introduced, it was questioned whether it would replace some of the IT staff. It is also clear to me that as a provider of information about our pathology he is more knowledgeable than any physician you can turn to.

I’m not sure if this is the correct section. Sorry if not.

2 Likes

Be careful - Chat-GPT is known for sometimes creating “eloquent bullshit”. Meaning that it sounds fancy but it can be completely wrong. Sometimes it even makes up sources snd papers that do not exist in real life.
I still however think that it is a great tool also in the fight against PFS. Just do not trust it blindly

2 Likes

You are right, now that you say it, when I was a normal person, I remember fiddling with basic mathematical problems more than known and sometimes I had to correct the AI.

But for the moment what chatgpt says is eloquent with what I have been learning previously on my part (although I find it hard to retain info), but you are right to emphasize that you have to take the information provided with care.

I believe that if your mental capacities are more or less intact gpc-chat can serve as a contrast to your own findings or to find a point of view to dig into.

At least for my part it has served to give me a more extensive knowledge. I started asking questions that I already knew and it has given me variables that I didn’t take into account and then searching for them made sense.

Thanks for your contribution, I must admit that I had forgotten that this AI maximizes eloquence over reliability : P

2 Likes

its pretty crazy despite the flaws. hopefully AI keeps progressing really fast and speeds up our time to recovery

shorten research and drug discovery + clinical trials timelines

letss gooo

2 Likes

Exactly, AI, also quantum computers…

You’re right leaving aside what I said above, I think medicine or biotechnology was having rapid advances in epigenetics (also in China although we know less about them).

But as you pointed I don’t want to imagine the progress in all fields when AI and quantum computers improve over time. In genetic sequencing alone it will be a miracle.

1 Like

Indeed be careful. ChatGPT is known to cite bibliographical references that do not exist, sometimes attributed to a real person, but with a made up title…

1 Like