Gluten free completely cured and saved me from suicide

Do eat oats, @glutenfog?

where that diet will help on ed?

He is not coming back to the forum, unfortunatelly.

1 Like

the man was accused of making dangerous suggestions. natural not to come

2 Likes

He wasn’t accused of making “dangerous” suggestions, but was asked TWICE to follow the forum rules by refraining from making assertive claims to have an explanation and cure for everyone’s PFS/PAS, rather than simply explaining his symptoms and what he believes was an effective treatment in his case.

2 Likes

His recovery story isn’t universal. That said, increased inflammation whether its from food intolerances (ie allergens), exposure to toxins, infections, etc. may hinders one’s recovery. Interestingly, anti-depressants also happen to be anti-inflammatories.

“Antidepressants have been shown to decrease inflammation, while higher levels of baseline inflammation predict lower treatment efficacy for most treatments. Those patients with higher initial immune activation may on the other hand be more responsive to treatments targeting immune pathways, which have been found to be effective in treating depression and fatigue in some cases.”

Below link explains the science for those interested:

2 Likes

When you hear, for example, Mikhaela Peterson’s story, how much food sensitivities were totally ruining her life (multiple joint replacements, constant suicidal thoughts, etc) and how complete her turnaround was eliminating them, you do have to figure there’s a lot of merit to trying an elimination diet. I don’t think PFS is caused by gluten. But it stands to reason that a diet could help a lot. When you consider how wealthy her family is and how she obviously doesn’t need money, her story seems very credible. Same for OP here. It’s not as if he would make money by sharing his story here, of course, which can’t be said for some others (e.g., CDnuts).

3 Likes

God shut up, nobody is going to get worse from avoiding gluten lmao

@op yeah diet is huge, I for sure have an issue with lactose, I started using lactose free milk ultra filtered milk and I could actually digest it, I was over the moon, but you are right… i think digestion issues will fix once preg levels and hormones are returned to normal levels, check out your vit d lvl and cholesterol levels, sometimes they are off on ppl with pfs, check ou lt ray peat principles, he spells out hormones and food, but kind of hard to navigate with pfs since we are limited…

1 Like

I’ve begun to eat gluten free and low carb (eating mostly meat). It might take me a few weeks to become certain I’ve eliminated all hidden gluten. Anyway, will report back outcome in about 3 months if I succeed in adherence. If I can, I will actually go carnivore since that would be the only way to eliminate the possibility of autoimmune sensitivity as conceivable factor.

1 Like

I believe that trying to eliminate or reduce gluten is one of the things to try to improve this condition.

I think everyone here that has digestive issues as part of their PFS should definitely treat their gut FIRST. I avoided this angle for way too long and it was a hidden gem in the fight against this disease.

I don’t think the gut is where PFS necessarily begins, but gut imbalances can be a source of a lot of our symptoms and it is much more easy to address than say neurotransmitters or androgen receptors.

Here is what I found most helpful:

1. Low carb, no gluten, no grains, keto-style diet (like just meats, veggies, healthy fats, oils. Basically a Paleo style diet, without going overboard with nuts/seeds (can be inflammatory). Limited dairy if you can tolerate it.

2. AIP Protocol (90 days), then slow introduction of foods to test responses. This was awesome for me.

3. Intermittent Fasting (8 hour eating window).

4. Digestive enzymes with every meal.

5. Probiotics - need to be high quality and preferably tailored to the individual based on a gut biome test.

1 Like

Any updates?

I seem to have celiac disease, autoimmune antibodies against gluten proteins, and stopping gluten definitely helped me feel better in many ways but didn’t cure or seemingly treat my PFS. Worth trying because there’s no risk and reduce carbs so you lose weight as a secondary consequence.