Gluten free completely cured and saved me from suicide

last comment about gluten. is this your comment ? or is this other person ?

Yes it’s my comment! I’m trying to help both community since I believe both problems are closely linked together. I also took both isotretinoin (twice with some incredible high dosage) and finasteride so if I’m cured after taking both poison probably everybody else can! It’s just that most people can’t fathom gluten can be the cause of their problems especially if they aren’t gut related. I know because I was like that. It’s also compounded by the fact that if we take a celiac test everything come back negative so we think we don’t have a problem with gluten. I consider myself so incredibly lucky to have tried the gluten free diet despite the test coming back negative. If I didn’t I’d probably not be here now.
I’m very convinced it’s the underlying cause of our problems and when I read a success story (that is not temporary) gluten free is almost always a factor. It’s thrown in there among other things and lots of supplements so people think he got healed because of the supplements or the fact he hit the gym very hard or whatever and discard the gluten part and that’s why I believe there are so little success stories. It’s tough to go completely gluten free for months so many people don’t want to try or only try it in a half assed way or for too little time.

I’m sure that if you tried everything and nothing worked then it’s the gluten. Sometimes there are other food intolerances like dairy or others but I think the majority of people will get better eliminating just gluten from their diet

had you sexual sides ?

Would gluten free bread be a problem?

although cutting gluten hasnt cured me by any stretch it sure made a difference. the last few times ive eaten it i get a huge spike in brain fog and body aches. this coming from a dude who lived off pizza and pasta for years. once i cut i noticed an improvement for sure

1 Like

Most people here gave tried all kinds of diet. It was probably time that helped you or this is a solution specific to your case.

2 Likes

really ? there are types in this forum that constantly deny the existence of a treatment

1 Like

Try it before you break the hopes. The man is talking about a strict and long-term diet.

1 Like

I didnt deny the existence of a treatment. If you pay attention closely you will understand that I say that there are different solutions that work for different people.

1 Like

yea cutting out gluten AND dairy has helped me tremendously, but it’s not a cure.

1 Like

What symptoms improved after you cut out gluten and dairy?

Anxiety, depression, general feelings of hopelessness, brain fog etc.

Glad you saw some improvements. I cut out all dairy today just to test it.

I hope you feel better.

1 Like

Thanks man, you too!

FYI, the benefits take a while to appear. If you are going to try it, I would go dairy free for a month and see if you feel any different. I’d imagine not everyone with PFS would benefit from cutting out dairy, but it’s definitely worth a try.

Are those symptoms back or do you keep them at bay?

Dairy is important for t4 to t3 conversion and a host of other vitamins. Especially milk is fortified with with Vitamin B12 and vitamin d3. When I decided to cut out dairy I stopped cow’s milk and yogurt, cheese sour cream butter arent major contributors to my symptoms but I also dont consume it huge amounts either. I drink Almond milk now that is fortified. Definitely noticed a difference cutting out that cows milk though. lactase is the enzyme to break down dairy which people with compromised digestion could be lacking or as we get older we produce less of.

I’m going to weigh in here even though I am mostly on my way to retiring from this forum. The conversation here is somewhat off track.

I have had Celiac my entire life and have been almost entirely gluten free for almost ten years. I didn’t discover that I had this problem until a couple years after I got PFS. Reactivity to gluten cannot cause sexual problems. However, when I stopped eating gluten, I started to feel a lot sharper mentally and more connected to my environment in addition to clearing up a lot of GI pain I had pretty frequently.

There are other reasons that people may react poorly to gluten even if they don’t have Celiac, including gluten sensitivity or wheat allergy. Maybe that’s what you have. It’s a completely fine idea to try removing gluten from your diet for a period of time to see if you feel better in ways you didn’t expect, but going gluten free is not a cure for PFS.

3 Likes

I am certainly glad the OP has shared their recovery story. The unfortunate pattern, though, at this forum is that once every 12 months or so everyone seizes on some one recovery story (e.g., last year it was a Tribulus), and then everyone goes crazy trying to reproduce it, and about 50 guys end up worse, another year of the community making no overall progress, down the drain.

I hope this isn’t the year where everyone again tells themselves that all they need to do to recover is try diets. It’s always diets, herbs, hormones pills or injections, random off label drugs, never with any results at all, over and over the same ones tried by another generation with no results.

Meanwhile, the one certain way of getting a cure goes completely neglected — starting the scientific research. No one ever wants to do anything to facilitate the one and only thing that will ever produce a cure for PFS. For more than a decade everyone just tries the same shit over and over thinking someone else will start the research. So it never gets started.

To be clear, I think this poster’s recovery is real and that many others could benefit from gluten free as well. But that doesn’t mean gluten is the cause of PFS. We should try going gluten-free AND pursue a cure for PFS, which are two linearly independent items.

4 Likes

Would you day more people become better by just waiting?

I think the reduction in gluten also lead to a reduction in carbs (like those in milk). In my experience, a very low carb, keto style diet both reduces gluten and carbs, and generally make me (and others) feel noticeably better, when we can stick to it.