Glutathione deficiency?

Has anyone been tested for Glutathione deficiency since getting PFS? I’ve had a couple of tests for it and the labs are coming back with nothing, as if it’s undetectable, when it should really be found in large quantities. Yes, I will have more tests taken.

Glutathione has been discussed in the forum before, but not in any major way. There is a rare genetic condition that causes a glutathione deficiency, and I’m wondering if maybe we have that and it predisposes us to PFS.

Regardless, some of the symptoms of low Glutathione include many we all suffer with, including:

• Always tired
• Lack of energy
• Aches and pains - joints or muscles hurting
• Foggy brain
• Low Immunity
• Poor sleep

If anyone with PFS has been tested for glutathione before or after PFS, please consider sharing your results.

1 Like

Glutathione levels in patients with erectile dysfunction

Low Glutathione and ED (mentioning gut bacteria)

Rationale for the Combination of PGE1 and S -Nitroso-glutathione to Induce Relaxation of Human Penile Smooth Muscle

• Finasteride administration caused significant reductions of sperm motility, volume, count, and live/dead ratio, with significant increase in numbers of abnormal sperms.

• Finasteride treatment also resulted in diminished activities of superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione-S-transferase, significant reduction in the concentration of reduced glutathione and ascorbic acid, and increased testicular malondialdehyde level relative to control.

• Moreover, significant increase in the activities of testicular lactate dehydrogenase and γ-glutamyl transferase was observed, with significant decrease in the activities of acid phosphatase and alkaline phosphatase relative to finasteride-treated rats.

No wonder the balls start to ache…

2 Likes

You could take n acytyl cysteine to fill these gluthathione stores up

EDIT: I take it. And have been since I quit fin. It doesn’t change the brain issues/mental stuff I’m dealing with. The rest I don’t know, and I’m not willing to find out. Can’t seem to find it anywhere to order in my country though. It’s sold out everywhere.

2 Likes

Droit and I did an analysis a few years back. I believe of 10 or so PFSers we looked at, Glutathione was low. There is clear research showing that Fin affects Glutathione levels…

I’ve taken a few different Glutathione supplements that maybe seemed to help, although not enough to continue it long term.

1 Like