Giblerts syndrome

Do any of you guys have gilberts syndrome? Gilberts iscolated elevated billirubin meaning all liver function blood tests are normal, but billirubin is elevated. Ive heard it can effect how drugs and hormones are conjugated or eliminated from the body.

On this topic are there any with abnormal liver function blood tests?

I have Gilbert’s. I’ve been told by doctors this is harmless, but I doubt it:

gilbertssyndrome.com/symptoms.php

From wikipedia: “Gilbert’s syndrome also reduces the liver’s ability to detoxify certain drugs.”

Has anyone else ever checked bilirubin levels?

PSE

1 Like

I was just recently diagnosed with this. It explains my fatigue symptoms. I too was told it’s harmless, but I don’t buy that.

1 Like

Hey,

I have elevated GGT, ALT and Billirubin on both of my blood tests! Creatine and Uric acid are also elevated?

I have Gilbert’s too.

1 Like

Same

1 Like

anything else stand out on your regular bloods?

I was working on a construction site where I came in contact with lots of stuff, plastic bottles, copper, aluminum/ other building materials. I wonder if the low calorie diet made my immune system go down and made me get some kind of toxicity alot easier then usual?

Gilberts syndrome might play quite a role in finasteride related problems. It slows down the dismissal of estrogens in the blood. Thereby, effects like gynecomastia or ED become more likely in patients with Gilberts syndrome taking finasteride.