Getting off of TRT

What is Masteron?

It’s a steroid DHT derivative it also inhibits estrogen if I’m not mistaken

Are you claiming that all of those who benefited from TRT didn’t have PFS?

DHT and its derivatives do not aromatize, so therefore you end up with less estrogen overall.

1 Like

Where are all these people here who have benefited from TRT and if they exist what makes you think they have PFS rather than the probably several thousand times more prevalent hypogonadism?

1 Like

Ok but the prevailing indications and theory on what PFS is right now hold that our issue is with local synthesis of hormones via 5ar. If PFS exists and is related to the function of 5ar, then no amount of blood Testosterone can ever make us able to produce those hormones again, because they are local, rather than circulated through blood, many even behind blood brain barrier.

I have been on TRT for over 4 years. As I recount in my member story, I have many of the symptoms of PFS despite the fact I was still on TRT. I think the AndroGel was propping me up, even protecting me from the worst aspects of PFS, because recently I ran out of it and the PFS is now twice as bad.

You need to stop making the blanket statement that men with hypogonadism can’t have PFS. You’re simply wrong. Jim

2 Likes

Where did I say that?? I’d never say that.

@vkg1

“…If you have PFS then TRT doesn’t help. If you want to try it then go ahead, but if it works then it means you don’t have PFS but rather just had low Testosterone, which is a much more common health problem than PFS…”

And,

“…what makes you think they have PFS rather than the probably several thousand times more prevalent hypogonadism?..”

These two posts by you certainly give the impression that you believe PFS and hypogonadism are exclusive. Please understand, I’m not trying to be argumentative but this is how I read your statements. Jim

1 Like

Of course guys with hypogonadism can get PFS. I was pointing out that tremendously more people have hypogonadism than PFS, so some people who think they have PFS are likely to only have hypogonadism and it isn’t surprising they feel better when they get treatment for hypogonadism. However, people with PFS aren’t going to feel better from TRT because it doesn’t address their problem at all. It just treats some similar symptoms in people who have hypogonadism rather than PFS.

So you are then saying what we thought you said earlier… that people with PFS cannot benefit from TRT.

Would you mind sharing who your NYC doctor is? I’m looking for one that acknowledges PFS
Thank you.

1 Like

Has the question of “what is PFS” truly been answered since I stopped visiting this forum regularly?

How can we say someone does or doesn’t have something with certainty until it’s better defined what “it” is?

@NewYorker Alan Jacobs, MD, (212) 888-0002.

dont come off

get legit HCG and do 500 IU EOD or even better 250ED for 5 weeks before coming off while remaining on your testosterone (if you are using T. cyp/enth stop injections 2 weeks before you come off HCG)

on the last week of HCG add clomid 25mg ED

also its probably better if you just dont come off. what is your dose of TRT. I would increase it to 500 and manage your estrogen. Yes its not very healthy but at least you will feel good mentally and if your estrogen is in check your dick function will be much better

I’ve been off of TRT since June 2019 no difference when I came off, I don’t respond to HCG either my nuts are permanently damaged it seems. Plus I convert into estrogen no matter how low the dose is. I used AI and got shooting pain in my bones I would ever touch an aromatase inhibitor again.

1 Like

I went to a men’s clinic everything was pharma grade dude I’m telling you this stuff is way more complex then hormones I felt like shit even having my total T at 945 and my skin was still dry as shit and I had full blown fatigue. And no doctor is going to allow me to use 300mg of test per week they check that stuff.

1 Like

Dude men’s clinics dong know shit half the time.

You e has either been crashed or too high. Post your E w a sensitive assay test if everything was so thorough. Dude you probably didn’t even use 500 Iu HCG consecutively for 4 weeks before quitting

Order the gear yourself. This is your life dude, what have u got to lose lmao

I know I have nothing to lose literally lol I’ve lost everything at this point.

If you want to find the right stack then so be it update us if you have success and I’ll try your protocol myself for now TRT isn’t on my list.

Plus there’s guys on here that were on Testosterone and they no longer respond to testosterone after crashing.

1 Like