Getting off of TRT

I think it’s time I come off of TRT it’s been almost 8 months now with no success, I am so messed up right now beyond belief, my genitals seems to be shrinking again my testicles are retracting into my body the fatigue is so bad I feel like I’m 100 years old and I’m only 24 my joints are blown out. I don’t respond to HCG either. Does anyone know how badly I will crash if I come off of TRT? I’m destroyed right now and don’t know how much worse I will be coming off.

3 Likes

How long have you been onTRT?

Around 8 months now

Well, I would assume ( and take this with a pinch of salt until someone who isn’t guessing arrives) that the treatment hasn’t been effective for you because the issue is the way that your body uses testosterone, not how much of it there is.

Because of that, I’d assume that you shouldn’t need to worry about a crash.

Have you spoken to the prescribing doctor? It’s unlikely they will know what to do, but worth talking about before you make a major change.

Did you try being on a high dose of Tribulus before you started TRT? My understanding is that Tribulus stimulates endogenous production of testosterone so it doen’t shrink your testes? I have found it moderately effective so far in improving all PFS symptoms, although I am reserving judgment for a couple of months while I am experimenting.

1 Like

I’ve talked to the doctor about it not effecting me recently, I might ask him if I can lower the dose and slowly taper off with time, I’ll see what he says.

I’ve never used tribulus what brand are you using I’m willing to try it

Medi Herb is a common brand that others have had some success with

You can also do the normal PCT route that body builders use, i.e. clomid/HCG to get things going again.

As was stated earlier, the problem doesn’t really seem to be the amount of testosterone we have, more that our bodies don’t use it properly… so I doubt you’ll feel that bad.

If you do decide to try clomid I would keep the doses as low as you can, it can have some side effects with vision, etc.

Some have even felt better with LESS testosterone and DHT for some reason, so I wouldn’t automatically assume you will be way worse. There are too many unknowns with this disease.

1 Like

I am using one by Muscletech that has 90% saponins. 750mg.

2 Likes

Man i haver been on TRT a few years ago.
Something that i can talk to you is, Testosterona is just a help for PFS.
O saw on this forum a lot of relates like mine, starts TRT, few amazing and after weeks crash again.
My conclusion on TRT os only work in the First moment, when your body get a shok with the hormone, after that tou get sick again.
So what you can do for have great results with TRH?
Shok your body all time that tou have a crash again.
How?
Exemple: high the doses, changing the ster of T, changing the frequency of injections, using Dbol sometimes, stoping with TRT n’ come back again.
It’s not a cure, but can help with your problem. It’s like have good weeks and bad weeks.

What dose and frequency are you using?

Started with Cypionate T 30mg everyday, felt great in this time and after crashed again. After increased the dose for 50 mg everyday and felt alive again, after few weeks, crashed… So I changed the frequency of injections for twice a week, and felt great, after crashed again.
So i changed for sustanon and the same process hapned again. Increased Dbol and the same process again.
Changed for Decaonly and the same process again.
I don’t know why the body always crash, but the fact is when you give a shock with andrógenos, your body responds positive, but stop.
I have been used this strategia, because this i can have a sexual life sometimes. It’s not a cure, but helps a lot.
TRT even in crash for me is better than became natural, helped with depress, weakless, and i a litle with libido, but not with ED.
I’m thinking this year i will put a implant in September. Until there i will continue with the strategia, but know constatily changed betwen Deca and testo. I think in bodybuilding they call this concept “priming”.

PS: english it’s not my natural language.

Woow, wtf. This disease is unbeatable. So the only way to fight this is by constantly increasing androgens until you are on 5g per week. And even then you will crash. It’s like your body tries its hardest to lower the response that you get from androgens.

Exactily this man. Now i’m natural for see how my body reacts, my test, lh, fsh, e2 ALL things are normal, but i fell better with TRT, even crashed in TRT is better for me than now.
I said wen i’m on TRT i don’t fell dry skin, skin peeling, depression, frequentily urination, and increased a litle my libido, but my ED Just work before the crash.
I don’t think that you need increased the dose for more than 1g, i think keep changing betwen Deca and testo will be more productive because os another way of androgen.
My stratigy now is continue natural for more three months(i’m now 8 months), If a don’t see any recover, i Will come back TRT and put a penile plant, very Very Sad. But what i can do? I don’t gonna stop my life for more 3 or 4 years.
PS: i’m not encourage people to do what i do, i’m just showing whats “Works” and what doesn’t Works for me. And because of this “protocol” i have some sexual moments, maybe 4 years without this i became fell very worse than now.
PS: Be careful with this RollerCoaster of androgens, for a Guy with psychological problems can be bad, i didn’t have problems, but…

It’s Just litle similar with this:

Pay attetion LITLE SIMILAR, the concept

your genitals shrinking more despite the increased of androgens whit TRT is very weird indeed.
One theory i have in mind is that by increasing the androgens, also the estradiol aromatises more in the penile tissue, and since 5ar seems tobe not working, this leads to a shrinkage.

anyway, do you mind to share the dosage of TRT you did?

100mg a week split into two doses of 50mg every three days. Yeah very weird. Each injection no matter how low of the dose 50mg I would immediately feel my nipples tingle from aromatase conversion my dick was literally just as numb and dead on TRT as it is now no response at all from it. My T is around 370 now which is very low for someone my age, but either way there is no benefit.

I think I have smooth muscle damage the tissue of my penis has changed significantly.

Would be nice to have a compilation of guys’ experiences with TRT. I found a few scattered across the forums.

@AaronF I have gone on and off T and always felt better the first few days off and the first few days on. Thus I believe in the androgen receptor hypothesis of PFS.
You can try Clomid/clomiphene to see if your testes will produce T on their own. I did and it works somewhat well for me.

I believe I have testicular damage to some degree, my testicles never went back to full size they have gained some slight size after many cycles of tribulus but still nowhere near what they were so I’m not sure if I would even respond to any of those medications,
the sad thing is I’m willing to try any of that stuff but I can’t get a referral to see an endo or urologist since the doctor tells me I have depression I’ve switched so many doctors I’m done trying with them none of them believe me. If anyone knows a reliable source where I can buy clomid let me know.

I tried HCG before but seems to convert directly into estrogen as well.