genital numbness - experiences?

I think anonnn1 is correct in that blood flow down there may be a common denominator in some of the sexul issues.

Also: as it was stated, peyronies is classically thought of as a bend or curving of the penis, but what I ,and others here, seem to be getting is sometimes refered to as sepital peyronies where there is a cordlike structure going throughout the length of the penis. I am guessing that as more and more of the structure is compriesed of scar tissue, that leaves less normal erectile tissue and possibly damages nerves.

I think the circulation, fibromyalgia thearoy is plausible.

I think just the general hormone imbalance could also have created the breeding ground for this.

Anohter very likly theory is that allthough peyronies does not always casue ED. ED casues peyronies (heres how) :FIN casued some ED (erection was not as ridge as pre-FIN) Using a "less than ā€œrock hardā€ penis for penetration is thought to be a common way to bend, break or snap tissue and then the scar buildup cycle begins. No one knows why some people get penis injuries and it heals while others have the scar tissue thing run amuck.

I am planning on becomming active on the peyronies boards and will post what I learn.

i know that hidose vit E is used for Peyr treatment, but itā€™s a part of a protocol

for numbness i canā€™t say itā€™s effective 100%, i read only that someone had some improvement

iā€™m tryng but now itā€™s too early for say something

the multiple damage of 5ar inhibitors are linked, but without a standard protocol we can only try whatā€™s the best for our sides

If u have a prostate issues try broc treat, for me worked.

little update

after 1 month on vit e, i had an improvement in sensation, but however i canā€™t say it will be stable.

in my case i felt more sensation more or less when tge bad ā€œpressure feelingā€ on my lower belly was disappeared.

my opinion is that on me, the main issue is the prostate.
however i have no improvement in reversing shrinkage

i have taken constantly also quercetin

anybody here is more focused on prostate ?

Prop, Iā€™m not, but hell since proscar was actually designed for shrinking the prostate it makes sense that someone is exploring this. What makes you think your prostate is the main issue? Do you have some type of pain in that area? Have you had your prostate checked by a doctor?

Does anyone feel their prostate is too small? Weird question I know, but who knows with this condition.

i checked my prostate several time, i did every possible exam except transrectal echography (scheduled soon)
docs that listened my symptoms didnā€™t want to act in hormonal rebalancing before decongesting prostate. i was always complaining about, but now (maybe) not.

here i didnā€™t make my self clear, i was talking about penis shrinkage.

Paradoxally, in my case, the result of 6 yrs of propecia is a prostate enlargement!

because when a particular disconfort that i can describe like a bowling ball on belly disappears,
i have experienced improvement in penile sensation

Yes, I usually have this feeling like it is not properly inflated.

I definitely feel my protrate is too small. Pre-fin as a young man I was told I had a squishy protrate - too large and potentially problems down the line. Post fin I am told my protrate is tiny which most see as a good thing

Prop - how much vitamin E was your high dose??

1500 ui daily.
but for precaution now i dropped the dose to 800
taking hi doses of vit E for long periods can be dangerous

before try read carefully about vit E
for example if u r heart sufferer or if u have blood problems is very dangerous
it can cause hemorragic ictus and hi blood pressure

hower after 2 months i will quit for a while

andrologyjournal.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/363

testosterone replacement fix numbness according to the study above.

Bingo!

I have the exact same thing. And for me this resolved for a year and i was sexually cured but did have some other lingering sides. Unfortunetly the bowling ball have returned. For me the bowling ball is constipation and not an enlarged prostate tho.
When constipation dissapear the bloodflow comes back and my genitals get their blowflow / size / and most of sensitivity back.

Whats causing the constipation is the big question imo. No gluten helps but doesent cure it. Low lh has been linked to constipation, if its a result of low testosterone or lh in itself is abit unclear tho. Testosterone and Lh is also linked to IBS so theres deffinetly a link to our condition here imo. Many here report an increase in wellbeeing or a tingeling sensations in the balls after working out, possibly a sign of increasing lh / testosterone. Unfortunetly for most it doesent last. Im wondering if me beeing a bikemessenger and constantly pushing my pituary to release lh is the reason why i have recovered more than most. If thats the reason one has to wonder if we are suffering from pituary damage. Pituary damage or atleast antibodies are linked to celiac so again gluten comes in to the picture. Many celiacs recover from this when going on a gluten free diet but as many as 50% of celiacs that does not develop normally after glutenfree diet (talking young ppl here, growth, puberty etc) have been showed to have pituary antibodies. Food for thought atleast. Did anyone on this site check for pituary antibodies?

I believe itā€™s caused by weakening of the penile muscles. Try squeezing the shaft when the penis is erect, to get more blood to the glans, and increase the pressure. The sensitivity should increase.

NOPEā€¦

The penis shouldnā€™t be numb while flaccid or hard, blood flow is not the problem.

It seems to be in my case. I noticed changes after one or two Propecia pills, and within a couple of weeks, sensitivity had decreased noticably, and the erections were softer. DHT increases muscle strength. Do you have solid erections? If you do, and still have a problem, you should investigate further.

This is definitely one of the worst sides of this poison. The thing that scares me is that I didnā€™t feel any loss of sensation when I first started taking the crap. If I had, that would have been enough to scare the hell out of me.

It was something that happened slowly over time. I just pray this one can go away.

Oh, finally someone that have the same impression

I totally agree whit u.This is the question.

ā€œconstipationā€ has different meanings in my language
(cold or costiveness)
Maybe u mean something like ā€œclogginessā€ ?

However we agree that when the BB(bowling ball) disappears, the same occurs to some sides

i found another here that agree with that

I want to point out the BB or clogginess as main cause of some persisting sides.
However what cause that clogginess is the vital question.

Read this post of another PFS

well, iā€™m back after 6 months off this forum.
i have tried lots of treatment without any success. L.tyrosine, L.carnitine, L.glutamine, L.phenylalanine, all kinds of vitamins, progesterone cream, TRT, clomid, Nolvadex and HCG, ginseng, VIT c ,Magnesium, talanbitā€¦etc- all without any beneficial outcome.

lately, i have been to a urologist to examin my prostate. i didnā€™t feel any pain in the prostate, but just went to check what the hell could be wrong. my blood work revealed elevated white blood cells (leukocytosis). the dr took a sample of the prostate fluid after a massage, and there was bacteria in the prostatic secretions, mainly E.coli. doctor told me that i have asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis and sent me on ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily, and hydrocortisone tablets 10 mg in the morning and 5 mg in the evening.

hell, it was only two days untill i recovered. there was like something clogged that started to resolve. dunno how to describe that, but i felt that there was a clogged thing in my abdomen and around my prostate that hindered the blood flow, and the clogginess finally started to resolve. it was the first time to sigh in relief after around 18 months of quitting the poison.

my sex drive came back, my testes grew in size and finally i could feel my brain ā€œconnectedā€ to my penis. everything became ok, but alas, that was only for one week. i dunno why my prognosis stopped;but the doctor told me that i have to complete a 2 months course of therapy.

then the reason of all of that suffering was just a severly inflammed prostate? i dunno. but i felt VERY normal for one week. i have no idea why my recovery was halted.
i wish i find an explanation for that.
cheers

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1094

unfortunately his recovery stopped,
but the secret is cure that symptom (clogginess) and the others will disappear

Wow, this happens to me too. Iā€™ve described it to docs and they all say ā€œthe bowels have no bearing on your erectionsā€.

I take probiotics and a senna (natural) laxative to keep the bowels moving.
I hate tea but i also drink tea which i find helps with the constipation, and thus the blood flow, down there.

ps as iā€™ve noted in my ā€œmember storiesā€,i too was recently on cipro and experienced positive results.

This sounds to me like pudendal neuropathy (PN), pudendal neuralgia (PN), or pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE).
Quite common with cyclists but can be caused by infection or a nerve entrapment.

The symptoms are:

burning, loss of sensation or numbness, increased sensitivity, electric shock or stabbing pain, knife-like or aching pain, feeling of a lump or foreign body, twisting or pinching, abnormal temperature sensations, constipation, pain and straining with bowel movements, straining or burning when urinating, painful intercourse, and sexual dysfunction ā€“ including hyperarousal or decreased sensitivity.

I have highlighted the more common sympoms amongst us. More info found at pudendal.info/

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that antibotics have improved things i.e cleaned up the infection. Also read that marijuana has helped other i.e relxases the muscles. And elsewhere pelvis floor expercies i.e also relxases mucles that could be entrapping the Pudendal nerve. If you google image search the Pudendal nerve you will see this nerve branches off to the anus, penis and scrotum. I have numbness in all these areas while other in just the penis or scrotum. Either way this nerve and the location of the nerve where its trapped or enflamed could be the cause of the side effect. How this is linked to fin I donā€™t know other than the nerve i believe passes close to the prostate which we know has been reduced by upto 70% whilst on fin and may not have bounced back to its correct size/structure when quitting.

I plan to task a specific anti biotic design to specially target infections in the prostate (name unknown). I am also doing a 6 month course of tamixfen to improve the sex drive and hopefully sensation. II then after trying all other options plan to go back onto fin to see what happens when the prostate is again reduced by 70% to see if this helps. I am sure i will get the usual ā€œyou are not welcome on this forum if you go back on finā€ posts ā€“ but i believe this is an option particularly for long term suffers.

Any thoughts