Just another stab in the dark I suppose. I have no theory in particular so just trying to understand and educate myself as much as possible. I know PFS is still bit of a mystery but the genetic or hormonal markers are there somewhere, something connects us, its just locating it.
Recently paid to have a genetic report carried out specifically focusing on genes and enzymes possibly linked to our condition. I’ve attached the results.
Has anyone else done something similar or would be willing to take something similar to compare findings?
I’m aware some guys took part in the 23andme testing, was that similar to this or not as in depth?
- missing the GSTM1 gene, which is responsible for neutralising toxins & pharmaceutical drugs
- male pattern baldness gene present
- increased enhancement of binding oestrogen
- less active 5AR2 gene / less conversion of test to DHT
- a gene linked to the resistance of finasteride
- reduced receptivity to vitamin D
- poor methylator
If nothing else its a really good read to be honest, informative and educational on how the body uses hormones and enzymes.
Have a look and let me know what you think.
*admins I’ve had to upload this as images rather than a file, is that the only way of doing it or am I missing something? thanks