Genetics and think about it guys

Why is it so difficult for people to understand this? THE ENTIRE WORLD has already tried every substance on this planet Earth to reverse our problem and do you know why no one can reverse it? BECAUSE WE HAVE A CHANGE IN GENE EXPRESSION. THE FOCUS SHOULD BE ON RESEARCH…

2 Likes

Everything has Come to pass just as awor predicted it here back in 2009…That’s how science works you make predictions and then test those predictions…

1 Like

Where is him (awor)?

Here’s the Kiel thread…looks like AR expression analysis is underway, not sure where they’re at with control samples.

He has distanced himself from an actively involved role.
But not to worry. Everything he left us has been picked up and all of his efforts and intent are continued by the PFSN.

2 Likes

For anyone interested in current research efforts into PFS, a study is currently being done in Germany, and there is an upcoming Whole Genome Sequencing study which will be done in Finland.

I believe it’s still possible to volunteer for the Tampere study. If you are an eligible candidate this means a kit will be sent to your home for a simple procedure that allows you to send them a genetic sample.

6 Likes

If you want to learn more, you can subscribe to the PFSN newsletter(fill in email adress at the bottom), to receive updates in your email inbox, and consider attending the webinar that will be hosted on October 1st at 5PM GMT.

As always, if you are willing, consider donating, to help fund current and future research projects.

4 Likes

Hey, my friend from Brazil. Very clever of you to make short videos. People are more likely to sit through short videos than longer videos.

Okay, onto your “think about it”.

Aren’t all diseases a change in gene expression? Take a dementia patient and someone without dementia, of course a brain biopsy will reveal gene expression changes. Compare a diabetic patient and someone without diabetes, of course a biopsy of the pancreas will reveal gene expression changes. Furthermore, diabetic patients who respond to insulin and those who are insulin-resistant, of course a biopsy of the pancreas will reveal changes in gene expression. Take a blind patient and someone with perfect vision; take a deaf patient and someone with perfect hearing; so forth and so on.

Now it does not seem so dark and scary, huh?

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said, but what I want to say is that everyone has tried every substance on earth to correct our problem and NOBODY was able to correct it, at least I don’t know anyone who managed to reverse muscle loss, for example. Those who resolved this symptom resolved it naturally, the body stopped atrophying on its own and not because of the use of a substance, just as happened with my depression/suicidal thoughts/anhedonia, these symptoms disappeared on their own and not because I had ingested any medication/supplement. What I mean? The body fixes some symptoms naturally, others we have to carry for the rest of our lives… so, the focus has to be on research and not trying substances randomly. For 1 year and 1 month I have been experiencing muscle loss and body pain that fluctuates every day. I’m watching my body atrophy day after day, even though I’m lifting weights and eating super healthy… unfortunately, anyone who doesn’t have this symptom won’t understand what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

I’ve got this symptom and completely understand. I workout daily, doing a mix of cardio, compound exercises, and body weight exercises. I’m still strong, but despite my efforts, my muscle shape and density is just melting away.

You’re absolutely right that research is the only way out of this.

4 Likes

My muscles feel the same to me, before and after saw. I never had suicidal or self-harm thoughts of any sort.

It is better to simply say “there is no known treatment” than to imply there is definitely nothing. The latter adds a needless sense of doom & gloom to an already desperate atmosphere.

Also, it is impossible to truly try everything due to the extinction of countless plants and animals. Maybe some of those could have been valuable. Quite sad to think about, indeed. Eh, obviously better to focus on what is in our control.

And yes, research is important. Peanut allergies are immune-mediated. Furthermore, gluten allergies are considered to be an autoimmune disorder against the intestines, AKA celiac. Research made these discoveries possible. Therefore, it is totally reasonable to suspect the same for post drug/supplement syndromes. It is not far-fetched. I find it discouraging that there is no testing for auto-antibodies against the penis, prostate, androgen receptor, 5AR enzymes, DHT, neurotransmitters, and so forth. I hope there are plans to rule this in or rule this out at some point in time. Is there? And no, I am not trying to imply I know better than the experts. I am merely expressing a valid concern that I feel is, rightly or wrongly, dismissed and shrugged off.

3 Likes

Far be it from me to want to be right about something. I’m just commenting that I don’t know anyone who has improved from all their symptoms. I have met guys who have learned to deal with the problem, it is worth mentioning that most guys just have sexual problems with erection or libido, or just psychological problems with anxiety/depression/cognition/suicidal thoughts. People who already understand the condition understand that PFS goes far beyond that… I don’t know of a more severe case of physical symptoms that improved from that… I really wanted to know, but I don’t. Just tired of seeing people with more severe symptoms trying everything and not getting relief from their symptoms. I’ve tried testosterone, pregnenolone, tribulus, glutamine, creatine… none of this stopped my pain or muscle loss. ;(

2 Likes

How do your blood markers change when you experience muscle wasting? Like creatine kinase?

I tried this marker, was normal, but i knew other guys that have the same symptom that had high creatine kinase marker.

Thanks,It sounds like muscle loss is unreasonable, I mean normal testosterone, calories and creatine kinase can’t stop this.

This symptoms is bizarre, i tried everything for this, nothing stop, nothing.

I had a high ck test, followup test was normal. Muscle loss hasn’t stopped.

Just to chip in I have increased my testosterone naturally over the last 5 years and it is now at the higher end of the scale for my age.(21 lol) YET I have no erections, libido and overall have seen my frame, masculinity, facial features, muscle mass etc etc fall away with time, my biceps dropped to 10 inches last March. HOWEVER on a number of occasions i have went from a jello, skeleton aids victim lookalike to a full faced, youthful looking, masculine muscular guy in the space of a few days, alhough i have nof held onto gains I know for a fact this is all reversible Research will pinpoint the mechanism and ultimately lead to a treatment. An example of what im referring to happened this morning. I’m currently practicing a new protocol and from waking this morning from a nightmare to a headache, bone pain, weak as piss, jaw ache etc. I pushed through it and an hour later I was pumped without doing exercise, my bicep has gained a few inches since last year and goes from jello to granite and back again, i go from a stooped fuckwit at the end of the road to walking tsll wanting to mix it up with any takers, being jnvisible to catching glances from the ladies Our bodies are trying to heal, never forget ithat and not to repeat myself but I’ve been in this for over 20 years with repeated exposure . So if I can improve everyone can. For the record @Taw I also believe the immune system is a factor.

8 Likes

if you have been losing muscle for 5 years, I completed 1 year, I still have 4 more to match you in this bizarre symptom, the pain comes and goes, but every day I feel pain and the craziest thing is, I feel my body atrophying …

1 Like

@Henrique to clarify 5 years ago I lost 2 stone in a matter of weeks, I started reacting to everything i ate,iI was suicidal, eratic, irrational, anxiety was extreme, my face aged dramatically overnight, it was like switches had been turned off everywhere. If it had continued at that rate I wouldn’t be here today, so while its been ongoing for 5 years it has not been a steady decilne so dont assume the same path awaits you. Some of it stabilised, some of it got wors. Then I had a monumental crash last year (I looked at deaths door the pics are on the foundation Web page) which I came back from to a degree . I’m trying to say there is hope for everyone no matter how bad don’t assume the worst try to to believe . If you DO assume the worst it will bring it on.

3 Likes