Genetic testing (new member)

1. Where are you from (country)?
    Austria

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
    I don’t remember anymore, it was a very long time ago when I started Finasteride.

3. What is your current age, height, weight?
    32, 180cm (5’ 11"), ~80kg

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
    No.

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
    Nothing specific.

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    Hair loss.

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
    7 Years.

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
    22 in 2008.

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
    29 in 2015.

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    Taper off.

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    Proscar.

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    1.25 mg/day.

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
    Never had side effects while on Finasteride, or I didn’t notice them.

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    None (only after I stopped Finasteride).

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X] Loss of Morning Erections
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[X] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[X] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[X] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[X] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[X] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[X] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[X] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[X] Testicular Pain
[X] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[X] Muscle Wastage
[X] Muscle Weakness
[X] Joint Pain
[X] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[X] Prostate pain
[X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[X] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[X] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[X] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[X] Frequent urination
[X] Lowered body temperature

[X] Other (please explain)
Swollen feet, a “blood rush” in my neck up to my head, hives and very thin skin, lightning and pain in my eyes, less and “foamy” urination (when PFS started it was very frequent), unable to feel my face (sometimes), bad sleep quality and quantity, eye lids look downwards, sometimes fast somtimes weak heart beat.

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
Intake of Vitamin D and I only eat meat, whole grain bread (if I do not eat bread I get even more weak), cooked eggs, bell peper and clear water.

If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

While I was on Finasteride nothing much changed, it stopped my hair loss, but I didn’t have any side effects.
The Problem is, I had psychological problems pre Finasteride, so I can’t tell for sure if Finasteride is the reason they never disappeared (no Antidepressant worked, tried about 25).
In late 2014 I started to take prescribed Oxytocin (nasal spray), and thats when it started to go downhill (AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER), few months later (2015) I stopped Finasteride.
It seems to get better, first year was the worst, but I’m still fucked up.

My blood tests look pretty normal.
In a week I will do a genetic testing, I will test for Androgen resistance, what else should I test for?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance.

Hey ptr, welcome and sorry to hear you’re suffering. As you’ve probably gathered there is often no clear issue in plasma hormone readings.

Could you please explain a little more about the experience of oxytocin nasal spray and the development of your symptoms? Why were you prescribed this? What were the symptoms that developed, and how did these change or develop after ceasing finasteride (if at all)?

What genetic test looks at androgen resistance? Id also like to get this done