General questions

Questions that hopefully someone with more brain function than me can try and answer:

• Do we know of anyone fully recovered without doing anything and just living normally, eating what they want, exercising when they want? And i don’t mean those just with mild ED

• If the most latest research confirms this is all a gene silencing issue; then this assumes when individuals get 100% temporary windows/recoveries either through time or supplements we therefore have to agree (due to the original premise) that these genes have ‘unsilenced’ or de-regulated themselves for a temporary period? This sounds a little unrealistic.

• If it is a gene silencing / methylation issue does that mean we can forget about looking at the auto-immune angle?

• Are ‘mild’ and ‘severe’ cases therefore defined by the number of genes being impact, i.e. mild cases having less impacted

• What’s the point in any form of exercise if we no longer get any sort of dopamine hit from it, i.e. runners high.

• What’s happening with Zuranalone, does it help?

1 Like

I have never had full windows and what I mean by that is that certain supplements have given me isolated symptom windows. For example ALA gave me my first complete mental windows but strictly mentally and it wasn’t repeatable or consistent. If I stopped taking it then I would revert back and I couldn’t handle other side effects of it on my digestive system, also made the tinnitus then horrifically worse after a while. Before much earlier I I had the weirdest window I ever had from tongkat, everything sexually came back full force but there was one problem, literally nothing else did. So I had no actual desire, no pleasure, 0 skin sensation almost anywhere on my body, even worse energy somehow, but somehow my body would respond completely normally to what I was attracted to. It had to be one of the strangest things I ever felt. Couldn’t keep taking it because the side effects were terrible and a lot else it made worse.

I’ve been exercising and getting cold exposure plenty since this happened, the earlier I was in recovery the worse just moving in general felt. It would actually make everything worse but I walked everywhere so I had no choice but to keep very active the whole time despite feeling like the walking dead. The cold would increase the head pressure and tinnitus to near unbearable levels. I’m sure in the background it was helping even if I couldn’t feel it for the bulk of my recovery but I’ve only gotten baseline endorphin like feelings back in the past few weeks.

I did so much and am still doing things because I refuse to live like this but I can say time definitely seems to be playing a background role, there is a general upwards climb for me but sometimes I go or up or down. It’s not always steady but has gotten more steady the further out I got. It could be my partial windows showed that even if there was silenced genes, there is still roundabout ways to access those body systems heavily affected leading to windows like that which leave you scratching your head wondering what happened. You silence genes in the body in a specific way like what tends to happen with these drugs that cause this syndrome and it’s like spinning a slot machine in terms of what could happen to the body and what led to this happening had some sort of biological cascade that triggered it that in itself was clearly harmful to us to begin with. There’s just no answers right now besides that study we have, my approach right now is personally being a little brave and trying everything I could, then specifically isolating the systems that are the culprits in my case, and then focusing all of my efforts on bringing those back online. It wasn’t that simple back then though because it felt like the entirety of my body was just a train wreck, so I didn’t even have the luxury of doing then what I’m doing now.

1 Like