General discussion about research and doctors

Check this study. Its my theory that Baylor discovered hundreds of changes to the methylation of genes in PFS. This is why I think nothing has been published because they found something big. Its probably worth millions possibly billions in lawsuits and beyond. See Johnson Johnson 8 billion lawsuit. What PFS has done is far worse. With so much compensation it’s no wonder Merck would do whatever they can to prevent that study being released.
Mercks lawyers evaluate PFS research and give the CEO the compensation bill. Then Merck knows what research to go after and what to ignore. They dont fight every battle, just the ones that can hurt them. There’s lots of papers condemning Propecia but these are worth peanuts if anything at all in court.

If Baylor found nothing of value as did Harvard there would be no hold up on publishing. These actions have told us were to look. Merck knows what Propecia has done to us it’s the biggest giveaway to date. They’ve basically told us were to look. The FDA is also backing them to the hilt. So you now have the US Government to fight as well. We witnessed this with a US Judge sealing important documents that could hurt Merck.

The US is the most powerful country in the world. They can pick up the phone and call most countries and tell those politicians we don’t want research that could hurt one of our prized Corporations.
Merck doesn’t even have to lift a finger. Which group made billions from the Middle East conflicts? The US Corporations who rebuilt every country and state that got smashed by the US military. This has all been exposed in documentaries.

This is tip of the iceburg
Contractors reap $138bn from Iraq war.

“The US hired more private companies in Iraq than in any previous war, and at times there were more contractors than military personnel on the ground.”

Melcangis studies are simply too small to provide any statistical relevance to the 10 million users of Propecia. There’s other reasons to that Merck lawyers already have the perfect defense should anyone try to use these studies in court. IMO they should never have been done. You can correct neurosteroids in the brain with TRT. But you can’t correct this if the 5ar gene has had its methylation changed. It’s like trying to repair the foundation of a house by replacing the tiles on the roof. It fixes nothing.

Merck recruits ivy league educated personnel. They are top of the food chain people, high intelligent, highly driven individuals. Its like fighting a battle with a bunch of pitchforks against a team of Navy Seals and expecting to win. People are always hopeful when they can’t see the true devastating power of the enemy.

So far I am doubtful that we will ever see a published epigenetic study that shows what Propecia has done to us. Even if we are right about this we still loose. There are no winners for those saddled with PFS. There are other 5ar inhibitors that can cause PFS symptoms and these aren’t owned by Merck and Co. Merck silenced the US Foundations best efforts and it didn’t even break sweat to do it. The Baylor study cost around 100k plus any public funding. We have studies costing around a billion dollars that have taken around the same time as Baylor. My guess is the Baylor research was boxed up years ago and taken away by campus security and is likely sitting on a shelf in a Merck building sealed up with a do not open label on everyside.

A wise man learns from the mistakes of others, an intelligent man learns from his own and a fool never learns.

1 Like

I agree with you about that.when this does come out it’s likely to be far worse than what they are telling you…In terms of damage to the body.

While i don’t disagree, this way of thinking can become a self fulfulling prophecy. Remember the story of Erin Brockovich?

The Reuters investigation is a big step in the right direction and it shows they can’t get away with anything. It would be interesting if a medium like Vice would dig into this.

Its not a self fulfilling prophecy it’s a wake up call that a different strategy needs to be employed otherwise you remain the fool doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Re-read my last paragraph in the original post it’s very important.

This forum is full of woulda coulda shoulda rally cries that have yielded nothing but dust. The Reuters article could be politically motivated by an opposition Politician who will use their power to silence any progression. We don’t know the true motive behind it or whether they were contacted by a third party to expose Merck. That investigation had yield nothing and it involves the US government. Its about time we had published facts and not another serving of hope which is becoming a desperate cliche in these parts.

Fair enough but what other strategy are you proposing? I don’t claim to know the answer either but history has shown that indiduals can make a change.

Look at the Netflix documentary ‘The Pharmacist’ which shows one stubborn individual can make a change. There’s a parallel with John Santmann. Both lost their sons and did something to make a change.

This is why I urge everyone here to make videos on YouTube, on your expierence, I did. No one is going to help us on this forum. If we get 100 of us to make videos we would clearly get attention on this situation and would get taken seriously. There’s people over at Merck that pay close attention to this forum btw I know there seeing this to.

1 Like

Recognition of a rare medical condition starts with public awareness.

3 Likes

I admire you doing this; Every effort helps but unless you’re a big youtuber with a large following, don’t expect this to go viral. Although we may seem like a doomed minority, lots of celebrities are on propecia (Trump?) and may have PFS sooner or later.

Fully agree on this one. However, i don’t think this should be paid by the foundation as that is already used as an argument to discredit (saw this on Reddit too many times) all studies sponsored by the foundation. The sad thing too many people still (want to) believe PFS doesn’t exist.

I was with you until you got all conspiracy theorist with the Middle East and big bad USA. This is drug company thing not nations thing. I don’t think there is some guy in the USA telling everyone what to do. It’s just a bunch of politicians, not some kind of evil dictatorship. If you go around telling this kind of stuff to other communities then we all just come off as nut jobs to be ignored. I really think it’s important to contain the imagination and narrow focus to immediately interested parties such as drug companies.

You completely miss my point. Middle East is a proven fact not conspiracy theory. US is pro Corporation - fact. So you read confessions of an economic hitman. I cannot give people a world education. US Govt look after the Corporation because it is good for US economy. This is not my opinion but that of journalists and filmmakers. Go study thalidomide disaster. Big pharma and FDA stood against the world on a deadly drug that harmed many people. Does that sound familiar? Yes you cannot discuss in PFS communities because it requires lots of reading beyond playing PS4 and looking at Instagram models.

Sorry Andrew, TRT does not fix the brain-- I have been taking different forms of TRT since 2000 and here it is 2020 and I am disabled due to cognitive impairment that is similar to early Alzheimers or TBI. I wish that TRT would have worked for my brain like it does for my genitalia!

According to Dr Gordon it does and he has several hundred patients fixed their brain function due to TRT.

I was a patient of Gordon’s in 2017…He’s extremely high but did help some…His trt dosage didn’t have any effect until about the 2 month mark I slowly improved…But then it started going in the opposite direction causing me more anguish.Nothing I have ever taken has help the physical symptoms of Pfs and body changes…

Point is if you talk about bunch of conspiracy theory stuff then average Joe just dismisses. We need to talk about the drug and its effects, that’s it.

1 Like

I’m not into any “doctor” who spends his time on social media making a lot of claims and promises. It’s kinda like the drug companies, just conversely.