Gene Expression Study for PFS

This was posted by @sibelio in last nights Baylor thread, I will leave it here for viewing.

“My opinion is that we need to forget the Baylor study and stop waiting for it. The substantive, gene-expression part of the study will not publish within two years. I will not comment here why this has happened.

Instead, we need to try to recreate the most critical parts of the study ASAP from scratch. Rather than investing money for 23andMe, which in my humble opinion will not produce any results, we need to fund-raise for a targeted gene-expression study with a small number of participants. Doing the right tests on even one true PFS subject will answer a lot of questions.

Similarly, we need to fund-raise for and do an animal study. I hope I will be able to respond soon to some previous comments regarding a lack of feasibility of animal studies.”

2 Likes

I would like to save Axo some time by reposting his closing comment on the above-mentioned thread (now closed, unlisted and archived), which I believe is relevant to my post above. If it is not relevant, my apologies - I would love to be corrected.

“The repeated topics about baylor are a magnet for frustration, poorly considered ideas on how to spend money, or completely false assertions. There’s plenty more we need to be doing in the meantime.”

I think it’s unfair we can’t discuss the things we want to discuss. Mods may find it unnecessary and maybe even negative, but isn’t this a forum for members. Not a forum where mods can decide what they find necessary or not, and block threads they don’t find positive enough. I mean, is discussing the baylor study going against any major rules? If you don’t want to discuss baylor, just stay out of the thread. I don’t find it the mods job to decide if a thread is necessary or not. As long as no rules are being violated, the thread should not be closed.

2 Likes

That’s because you haven’t read the site policies. I am sure if you read them carefully you will see the justification for blocking threads. Also, using PH is a privilege, not a right.

The Baylor study discussion seems pointless unless it results in new action being taken. Most of the comments were people venting their frustrations.

Despite all the intelligent well educated people on this forum outside of protocols we still lack conviction to make things happen.

OK. So such threads are going against the rules then. That’s why I asked. Remains weird the major thing this community has going for it, the Baylor study, can not even be discussed because of critical opinions. With such discussion you discover things. Like we discovered for instance in the Baylor thread dr Kherra has conflicting interests with Merck. Without the thread we would not have discovered this. (I am not trying to be negative btw, just an example)

1 Like

My point is that I find it weird threads can be closed because they are deemed unnecessary by some people. We could close 50 percent of the threads here under that rule. Like I gave the khera example above, I don’t find these threads unnecessary. And even if you do, just don’t talk in them then.

1 Like