Gene editing/ Cas-9 CRISPR

For the most scientifically-minded members of this forum. If androgen receptors are indeed over regulated, would gene-modifying technologies such as CRISPR be used to downregulate them, or are genes simply responsible for the existence of receptors and not their density.

1 Like

If it worked as planned, then yes. The fear is that whatever underlying biological mechanism, could eventually also cause the “replaced” genes to also methylate or silence.

I think it is time to create a plan to kidnap some gene scientists and use them in our PFS basement lab. Which also consists of all the equipments. Imagine that, a secret PFS household who runs kidnapped scientists lmao hahah! They would solve the problem in no time! :joy:

1 Like

That means altered min methylated active genes Assambling polyprotein structures - normal sensitive receptors in the tissues. This ist a Part of the Baylor Study?

this paper came out a few months ago regarding restoring AR signaling in prostate cancer which MIGHT be similar to us

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41388-020-01598-0

question is we dont know for sure if it applies (only in theory) and we dont know the consequences of restoring AR signaling (the negatives asides from the benefits)

so technically, a solution migiht already exist. or it might not.

we just dont know because we dont have the data

1 Like

@lakehouse i bet there are a few who would roll the dice.

I would say it equals 5,8 square.
Thats the solution to a problem, i dont even know or ever seen before.
Sorry for my sarcasm.