Game Over PFS - I'm Recovering

Sure will do.

2 Likes

@Finatruth how are you doing with recovery?

This is a super interesting thread. Any updates? I’ve been trying to modulate my gut microbiome for a year now. There’re ups and downs but generally feeling a lot better. I agree with the notion that hormones, diet, stress all have roles in shaping the microbiome.

Have anyone attempted the FMT route? There’re clinics in Sweden, Australia and the U.K. but finding a super healthy donor is crucial to success. I’m still in the research phase but this could be my next step. Antibiotics are not universal in their effectiveness meaning each class of antibiotics would be effective against certain bacteria but not the others. I’d surmise that the best approach would be to have microbiome test done first then select the appropriate antibiotic.

Science is lagging in this field. It could take as long as 10-15years or even longer from today to have viable treatments for microbiome dysbiosis.

1 Like

Did you ever try the higher dosage of Align probiotic the 5x or 5 billion dosage?
I forget if you live in the states. I think its only available in the US and Canada.
It might be something to consider.
I think there could be a scenario for this, but some might need to pop this like candy to overcome a deficit.

Previously, in vitro studies with human dendritic cells suggested that promotion of retinoic acid metabolism by B. infantis was a key regulatory feature of this bacterium [21].

All-trans-retinoic acid (atRA) plays crucial roles in shaping intestinal immunity.
Bhattacharya et al. show that, in the context of colon cancer, microbiota induced intestinal inflammation alters atRA metabolism, leading to a colonic atRA deficit and exacerbation of colon
carcinogenesis. atRA supplementation
ameliorates colon carcinogenesis in a
CD8+ T cell-dependent manner.

How vitamin A and gut microbiota regulate the intestinal immune system

This is a line from one of the researchers of that study^

“When there is an infection or dysbiosis in the gut microbiome more RA is produced that results in a higher antimicrobial activity that can kill gut bacteria.”

This is seperate,
for the first time, a study suggests that gut microbes can help rebuild the human immune system .
The parallel recoveries of the immune system and the microbiota , both of which are damaged and then restored, gives us a unique opportunity to analyze the associations between these two systems ,” says study co-senior author Jonas Schluter.

Retinoic acid primes human dendritic cells to induce gut-homing, IL-10-producing regulatory T cells

https://www.nature.com/articles/mi201464

Great finding as always @guitarman01 ! I rotate Align (B. Infantis) and other D-Lactate Free probiotics now. I’ve only used the 1 billion cfu version so far but reading through those studies makes me want to pop it like candy as you said :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I was low in bifidobacteria (1% whereas healthy average was 1.7% according to Thryve). Being on B. Infantis + L. Rhamnosus GG have calmed down gut inflammation. I say so because longstanding symptoms of mast cell stimulation disorder (MCS) have been greatly attenuated. Food sensitivities have improved too.

I’m painstakingly researching ways to boosting Tregs and modulate gut microbiome in such a way the immune system is better functioning.

I had (microbiome analysis done in August 2020):

• Zilch Lactobacillus
  • Low Bifidobacteria
  • Low E. Coli
  • Very high D-Lactate
  • Low Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio (1.5:1 & healthy ave. 2.1:1)
  • Low Akkermansia
  • Low roseburia
  • Low eubacterium
  • Lowish bacteroides

And god knows what else!

@doomed80

Correct me if im wrong but 90% of your gut bacteria is supposed to me bacteriodes and firmicutes. The other 10% is supposed to be other stuff. Can you upload your complete stool test?
I’m interested in seeing everything. PH level, fungus , yeast etc…

Maybe its exactly what CHI said. We have an overgrowth of some bacteria keeping the good bacteria down. Once we sort out the overgrowth the good bacteria will eventually grow back and kick us out of “PFS”

Correct. Firmicutes + Bacteroidetes comprise 90% of microbiome. There’s not a cut and dry percentage of each but 2.1:1 ratio is claimed to be optimal. Mine is little low possibly due to lifestyle choices (high protein, low carbs, low fat). Moreover, I clearly have a history with finesteride and antibiotics. I’ve been on high dose Xifaxan/Rifaximin in 2019 and 2020 and this may have also caused a shift. Antibacterial herbs/spices may also contribute. I clearly have both overgrowths and undergrowths, an example would be faecalibacterium prausnitzii, which defined as butyrate producer. My extremely high serum B12 also indicates that I have an overgrowth of B12 producing bacteria. Another example would be my chronically low E2, which may indicate low in bacteria needed to balance E2 level. I need to boost bacteria that reduces inflammatory cytokines and boost anti-inflammatory ones.

This is continuing to prove to be a super difficult task with limited science and literature available at hand and with the plethora of pseudoscience all over the interweb!

yes, I have low e2 and low dht both are below range…

It’s funny I remember I used to eat a big 200g chocolate daily before this all happened. I developed bronchitis or pneumonia and my doc gave me amoxicillin. It was after amoxicillin I developed egg allergy, and then slowly “PFS” set in. Numb genitals, fatigue, dry eyes etc…

I found a post on QUORA about “can you develop an egg allergy in adult hood” one guy answered it’s due to fungal overgrowth and dysbiosis… eggs contain sulphur and this kills the fungus and basically you get die off symptoms…

I have done my best research regarding this issue. I was painstakingly attempting to identify the group of bacteria that controls the levels of T, DHT, E2, etc. As I said, this was the most difficult task in my whole life! Getting an engineering degree was a hike in the park by comparison. Both literature and available resources are extremely scant! But I’m getting there with my unstoppable determination to get healthy. My latest research findings on this topic unveiled that cecal bacteria (existing in the cecal segment of the divestive tract) may be responsible for the levels of the said hormones. Certain strains of Lactobacillus, E. Coli, bacteroides, etc. are largely involved since they’ve all been linked to Beta-glucuronidase activity. Interestingly, I’m low in all of them.

See this:
“This novel finding demonstrates that the Gut Microbiota in cecum is crucial for deglucuronidation of both DHT and T. It is likely that bacterial β-glucuronidase activity is responsible for this deglucuronidation , as certain members of the Gut Microbiota exhibit high β-glucuronidase activity . It has been shown that the capacity of deglucuronidation can vary between individuals and that it can be altered by treatment with probiotics or a change in diet . Collectively, these findings demonstrate that the Gut Microbiota in cecum is crucial for the substantial deglucuronidation of DHT and T at this site in young and healthy mice.

2 Likes

The gut microbiota is a major regulator of androgen metabolism in intestinal contents

1 Like

Nice find! I need to digest (pun intended) the article to get the most out of it :grin:

1 Like

hey bro, i got my stool test… Im soo confused but it seems everything is fucked up. Please have a look !

Hey man, thanks for your research. Since looking this stuff up, have you bought any probiotics?

Probiotics are hit or miss particularly if no microbiome analysis is available. That said, I don’t recommend most regular commercial probiotics containing Lactobacillus strains. They just don’t stick around in the gut and are out of the body within few hours/days. Most strains are histamine producing and may trigger histamine intolerance issues and brain fog. Probiotics are also bad for somone with slow gut motility and may cause SIBO. However, there’re few minorities that seemsed to have helped my particular case. These inlcude Align (B Infantis), Mutaflor (E. Coli Nissle), Culturelle (L. Rhamnosus GG), Activia yogurt (Bifidobacteria lactis), BioGaia Protectis and prebiotic Bimuno (B-GOS). They appeared to help with reducing inflammation and stabilize mast cell activation (MCAS/MCAD). They should be cycled and not take taken longer than 2-3 week each.

Best approach is to get microbiome analysis and use diet alone to feed the low bacteria and remove foods that feed off the overabundant ones. If microbiome is severely lacking, then FMT from a super healthy donor may be an option. I’ve thought about it myself but I’m in a good place now and may consider it at some point if I don’t get consistent 100% recovery.
@Cobra_Red

1 Like

Are you still recovered to this day from this protocol? Wanting to give it a try but between this and the carnivore diet.

Has anyone else recovered from this protocol?

are you asking about if OP recovered? he hasn’t recovered 100% last i talked to him, but is doing way better health wise and in life.

almost no one who has fully crashed has recovered 100%

time tends to do the most healing barring further crashes

Ugh, really looking for some hope here.
Have you tried his protocol? Is it something that can get people to roughly even 85-90%?

Not that I know of. Everything comes down individual symptoms and effects

Something that works for others would make you worse

Vice versa

Our best chance is to fund more research and build awareness

Get involved in the community projects, that’s where the hope is. A lot of people in contact with scientists and medical professionals that deal with this and similar diseases believe that we can get better

We just need more data

1 Like

How do we get involved and help? The only call to action I’ve seen has been with the YouTube videos and filling out the surveys (and I’ve done all those things)

2 Likes

yeah so the youtube videos will help build awareness if you are able to participate in them.

besides that, the mods say in some weeks the pfs charity will be announced along with other initiatives and good news such as new research projects etc.

i dont know what you do in real life, but if you have contact to people with money that are looking to invest in charities for tax breaks, or people that are close to you, any type of funding would be good.

maybe even funding through your company where they match up to a certain amount, etc. be resourceful

1 Like