Fruits: anyone can eat?

I posed just a week ago, mentioning that I had made a lot of progress over the last 2 years.
But part of the progress was due to me understanding the triggers and avoiding them.
I have not been eating fruits for 2 years now, because they worsen my symptoms. Sugar does in general, although somehow a Kiwi is worse than a cheesecake. Since last week I added fruit back to my diet, to get healthier, and my sx shot up immediately.

Anyone notices this relation? What are your dietary restrictions?

Foods that are bad for me:

• All fruits, within the hour I feel worse, numbness, low libido, fatigue, insomnia…
  • Chocolate (including dark, 90%+)
  • Tea (wtf? yes all tea, green tea is the worst of course)
  • All sugars, cakes,…
  • High carb foods: Pasta always makes me worse. Stopped for a year now.
  • Broccoli, pumpkin, seeds, and all squash family.

Foods that are good for me:

• Fat & protein
  • Garlic.
  • Most veggies are OK: Tomatoes, spinach, asparagus, cucumbers,onions,… I think Kale is not good, otherwise most are good.

So as you can see, a Keto diet is pretty much what I should be eating. But we (humans) need fruits and veggies in our diets to be healthy.
Meat based diets has been linked to many diseases…

Please let me know what is your diet

Hey numbduck,

I also have to avoid nearly every shuger.
I always loved to eat fruits with my children over the hole day, i stopped propecia end august 2017 an in midd september my problems began. Al started with digestive problems. In january 2018 i realised that my symptoms where worse after eating fruits, chocolate and stuff with a lot of suger. Got diagnosed with havy fructose intolerance in february.
The last 3 month i realy took care of what i was eating, no alcohol, nearly no suger, no fruits etc. and nearly all my symptoms improved. The main problem i still have is i am very sensitive to stress and often have anxiety attacks i also still have heart palpitations and arithmies. But i have to say i am a lot better than 1 month ago, can enjoy life again.
I even can eat now very low quantities of fruits and chocolate without getting to bad from it.

Have you done an h2 breathe test for checking a fructose malabsorption?
I have also done the test for lactose, but this one was negative. But i am avoiding to much milk pruducts to because i realised that i was better wihout to much milk.

Have you had cortisol tested? High cortisol means insulin is less effective, which would make carbs an issue. When chronically high cortisol was an issue for me, carb consumption wasn’t good. I’d feel weak and my sex drive (to the extent I had one at the time) would plummet when I consumed them. Fix the cortisol issue (or whatever/else the issue is) and then carbs won’t be a problem. I had a severe leaky gut too, fixed now.

I eat a small amount of dried fruit with my oats and almond flour in the morning and my digestion does ok but this is the only sugar I take and it’s been eliminated from my diet which is mostly derived from veggies and select proteins. Just to add that I found fish high in omega 3 causes digestive issues but Salmon which has a better Omega 6 ratio is well absorb. Ice creams high in sugar like haagen dazs and Ben & Jerrys just go straight through me. Dairy is pretty much a no go area to. I slowly introduced keto meals into my diet but this made my symptoms worse after a few weeks. The diet contains lots of fats high in Omega 3/5ar inhibitors. Obviously I was aware of the potential side effects of the fats hence they were slowly introduced. Keto is generally a good diet for those with fatty liver or adrenal fatigue and produce a lot of adrenaline.

Depends on the fruit. Blueberries, pomegranate, grapefruit, green apples even red apples sometimes are excellent as a pick me up. Watermelons are great if you can find the seeded not seedless ones, they make you horny but they are apparently a 5ar inhibitor so I don’t know. Mangoes lower testosterone and give me instant sugar crash

I never liked the effect of mangoes, cherries, bananas, oranges, kiwis, pineapples on my stomach and energy levels even before PFS.

On mangoes - never tried them when I was in bad shape, but even now, having largely recovered, I still have to watch out w/them. Not a good idea if you’re releasing a bunch of adrenaline. Ate a bunch of mango at night a few weeks ago after a stressful day and felt like shit the next morning.