From Tamsulosin to Finasteride

I was given Tam for my BPH but after 5 weeks I got intense pain from knees to hips all round. Stopped and it died away. After some weeks I started Tam up again and this time after 4 weeks both hamstrings started aching such that I couldn’t walk properly. Stopped and it died away in a few days except left leg hamstring pains when walking uphill. Seems to be going very slowly as well after a few weeks. Also even though Tam improved flow when I stopped it did not shut off completely and am sure I could keep going for some time. Other advantage with Tam was BP went from 140 to 125.

I am generally sensitive to drugs like this especially Statins.

Went to the Dr. and she gave me Fin. Have been taking them for 2 weeks and now pain starting around small of back with some sciatica down right leg.

Should I persist with this drug? Thing is what are the options with the NHS (UK). I guess I would have to wing it but would prefer then to get surgery.

Any other’s experience appreciated. Many thanks.

Thanks for the info. I am interested how you think Finasteride actually causes the problem you had. When you stopped Fin. and before surgery did the disk pain subside? Thanks.