Friends, is this PFS or just normal side effects?

I thought I was in a bad way, but with some reports I read here, I’m doing really well. So, I had to come and explain what I’m going through and that I’m not alone.

Where are you from (country)?

Brazil

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Watching videos about on Youtube

What is your current age, height, weight?

21 years old, 175 cm, 63 kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

Dutasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

1 mg/day

What condition was being treated with the drug?

Hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

I haven’t taken it regularly, but I estimate I’ve taken it for less than 30 days.

Date when you started the drug?

06/06/23

Date when you quit the drug?

07/21/23

Age when you quit?

21 years

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

In the days when I started. And it gradually got worse

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Lack of morning erections, difficulty in having a strong erection and not being able to maintain an erection after the first ejaculation.

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[x] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

Maca (lepidium meyenii) 4g and I’m going to start using Tribulus terrestris 3g tomorrow

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

I haven’t done the blood tests yet.

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

No

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

In fact, I wasn’t supposed to take this drug. I went to a friend’s pharmacy to see if they had any vitamins and I told him about the drug and he said he had them and wasn’t using them. He gave me. I started taking it and didn’t notice the side effects. I spent 3 weeks without even having an erection, until the day I went out with a girl and ended up failing her. I managed to have a reasonable first erection, but in the second, I couldn’t at all. Then I looked for what was causing this and I saw that it was the drug I was taking. I stopped immediately and went to find out more about the drug and ended up here.

I want to stop taking Maca and Tribulus in September, to see if they are helping me or if they are hindering me. What do you recommend me to do?

I don’t speak English. If I’m wrong, correct me.

Sounds like ED. ED isn’t a syndrome, it’s a fin side effect so well-known and documented that you basically sign on for it when you take fin. PFS is a shitstorm of sudden-onset system failures that one might expect in a sedentary 90 year old. I recommend you stop taking anything before you make things worse. Good luck.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply.

So what do you recommend I stop with maca and tribulus? I don’t know much about it

I gave a very brief report, just so you understand. I’ll improve it later. There are several details, for example I have primary adrenal insufficiency, I used accutane, among others.

Not sure what you’re asking. Honestly I have no idea what maca and tribulus are other than substances that have worsened people’s PFS symptoms. That was probably one of the first things I read here ‘tribulus fucked me up’. Note to self, don’t take tribulus.

Everything I wrote was translated and may contain errors. That’s why I asked them to correct me.
I have been taking Tribulus for 3 days and in that short time, I have noticed some differences. I had a good result, with several erections while just looking at women on the street. When I wake up, I’m having morning erections. It also appears that sperm production has increased. Anyway, these were the noticeable differences.
But I’m not going to take it for prolonged use, at the beginning of September, I’m going to stop taking Maca and Tribulus.

I keep seeing mixed reviews of tribulus for PFS. Some say it helped them, say say it made them worse. Quite similar to what I hear about zinc supplements. In my case zinc made me feel an improvement on the day that I took it and then I noticed a crash on the second day.

People are not the same. Some will react one way and others another way. Unfortunately, it’s not working for everyone.

What I have to add here on the forum, regarding the use of tribulus, is that I felt that, even though my penis is flaccid, it appears larger, more full of blood. Wherever any stimulation I give, it responds well and gets erect quickly. This is giving me more confidence and improving my mind.