Found new claiming recovery

Hey! Sorry for the lack of updates. I was in another country for a while without my computer and then I had to go back to school and begin a research project. Anyways, I’ve been taking all sorts of Amino Acids and additionally, metformin. I decided to take metformin because everytime I eat, I get this god damn exhaustion. Google searches suggest this is diabetes or insulin resistance. My glucose levels were normal, but slightly high after fasting for 8 hours (glucose = 99). I’ve been taking 250 mg of metformin which is a tiny dose, and possibly not even therapeutic, but I’ve been feeling much better and more energetic on it! I do not get exhausted after eating anymore, too.

Additionally, I’m still taking taurine and I’ve added L-Histadine (1 gram) and tyrosine (500 mg). I also started on choline bitartrate. I’m feeling much better and more energetic than before. Libido is also higher and erections are stronger. I can wake up better in the mornings too. I would go as far as to say that if you are suffering, the risk of taking taurine, L-histadine, and choline-bitartate is outweighed by the benefits. I can’t find anyone here who crashed off these substances, and many people have felt better. Tyrosine is a more risky, since it raises dopamine levels.

Metformin is probably the most risky of all that I’m taking, but I’m taking a very low dose. No side effects besides muscle cramps that go away when I chug water.

3 Likes

How much choline do you take? Thanks for the update btw

2 Likes

I’ve been taking 1 gram. If I take anything that helps me, I’ll let this group know. I’ll probab take it for a few weeks at least before letting you all know so I don’t just give you all placebo/temporary results.

glad to see youre doing well!!

Thank you! I strongly believe that many people here would also benefit from the amino acid and choline stack im taking. Of course, a small portion of people may react poorly to them or not respond. The risk is up to you to decide.

1 Like

Im scared to take “anything” after my negative experiences with supplements like creatine, arginine, ginko, tribulus, folacin, vitamin B, vitamin D, L-carnitine etc etc. They made me worse! First days were ok though.

Im scared to try Taurine, should i try it? Have you seen any benefits? Thanks. Also… whats the effects of Taurine?

1 Like

Well you just ruined your Taurine trial by adding all that other shit at the same time.

Not that I’m aware of. But you should do your own research so you know exactly what you’re taking :slight_smile:

Yeah I messed it up, but I could feel the effects of taurine drifting away. I added all the other amino acids based on @Ozeph success with aminos and other users that have claimed good things from them. Metformin was my own experiment, and I’m glad I’m taking. Yesterday, I had so much energy I went to the gym at 10:30 PM. I used to do that all the time before PFS, but haven’t done hardcore gym work since then due to energy issues.

Taurine made me way more calm and gave me energy and an appetite. Also, stronger erections. Check out my topic on this. This only lasted a few days and then I added many more aminos. I personally believe taurine is safe and the benefits outweigh risks. But everyone is different and we all respond to drugs differently.

2 Likes

How is it hanging ?

As in my d-piece and balls? Since the beginning of PFS, my balls have been super tight. They still are that way, maybe a tiny bit more loose, but not significantly. The dick was spared from all the tightness and shriveled appearance, but my erections seem to be a tiny bit better.

Again, I’m on taurine, L-histadine, tyrosine, metformin, and 5-HTP occasionally.

Taurine is a secondary regulator of the GABA complex (Allopregnanolone is the main regulator and we don’t have it. It’s the cause of most of our symptoms in my opinion).

More on Taurine and GABA: https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/natural_gaba.html

Unfortunately, last I tried Taurine it didn’t feel good for me. I figured it interfered with Clonazepam, the benzodiazepine I take for sleeping. Last 2 days, I tried to wean off the benzo and last night I ended up waking up after 3 hours, wide awake ! Then took 2 gr of Inusitol (Vitamin B8) and drifted back into very light sleep, dreaming and waking up all the time. That night will barely carry me through the day. Sounds familiar right ?

I bought some Phenibut, I’ll wait for it before trying to wean off the benzo again.

With my regimen of diet, specific timing for sleep and supplements, I manage to have no pfs symptoms at all. But without it I’m back to where I was after I crashed. (or maybe not as bad. I don’t know. It’s not very tempting to stop everything just for the purpose of seeing how sick I am. Plus there’s no telling if that would shift my hormones / neurotransmitters balance again into a new state, for which I haven’t found a regimen yet.)

I’ll take the benzo again, sleep good again, and try different anxiolytic herbs, including Taurine and GABA, one by one, and see which one I can tolerate.

I’ll post the results under my regular Amino Acid For neurological symptoms thread.

I wish you all the best in your efforts to recover.

1 Like

Can you describe what the Taurine made you feel like?

Well, That was 3 months after crashing so I may not have stabilized yet. I took some Taurine (1000mg) before sleep and had a horrible night. I can’t recall how exactly, I just remember taking it off my list.

Today I took 1000mg of Taurine, considering I washed out 50% of the Clonazepam out of my body already, I though I had an opportunity to try it.
So far so good, I don’t have any ill effects. I have moderately high brain fog since I ‘‘woke up’’ (as if I was sleeping before !) and the brain fog is due to last night’s bad sleep. It seems Sulforaphane and Tyrosine are not helping, however I can still focus and I’m motivated. Confidence is average, maybe a little low. Sex drive is intact and I’m feeling calm.

I’m tired but have to wait eleven hours before going to sleep. It’s gonna be one of these days…
But I’m not complaining. I’m lucky and have it easy compared to many others.

Update: I’m actually feeling really mellow. I’m tired, but I’ve been stressed and tired many times in the past. I’ll take another 1000 mg of Taurine around 4:30pm. Being mellow and relaxed is what it’s supposed to do, so maybe I am getting benefits from Taurine.

On another note, I took Sulforaphane with 500 mg of Broccoli extracts powder and a branch of raw broccoli today. This is in order to get the enzymes needed to metabolize Sulforaphane. Maybe I’ll get better results at boosting Allopregnanolone (by boosting 3a-HSD)

3 Likes

I’m really feeling so well in metformin. (1000mg day)
was in the middle of a crash with adrenergic bursts, and simply stopped it.
My mind is clearer and i even notice an slight libido.
Was on metformin for 2 months from March to May and also stopped the incidence of bad days and chilled me a lot.
I know it lowers testosterone, but man, this is how i feel on it. It works for me.
Metformin is also anti inflammatory and a demethylation agent, so here we have a point

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Metformin has been cited as a potential anti-aging therapy, but there is a lot of conflicting evidence. A deleterious effect on lifespan was observed when it was given to aged, but otherwise healthy mice, rather than as a life-long therapy.

A review: https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/502257

Were you prescribed metformin for high fasting blood glucose or high A1C, or something else?

No, only for weight gain.

Interestingly i had also some really nice days also while i was taking prednisone for a week.
Same sensation.
Prednisone is also anti inflammatory.

I will continue with metformin. Even if it lowers testosterone, i think i will recover fast on it rather than don’t take it and continue with anxiety and all the PFS degradating symptoms.

Fasting also reduces testosterone like Metformin does. So who knows!!

2 Likes

@finaduta I’m wondering if you’re still taking Metformin and if your experience with it is still positive. Please let me know!
Thanks!

didn’t make me worse, but also didn’t improved either

1 Like