Former Merck Executive Brandy Vaughan found dead at her home

A former Merck executive and one of their biggest critics has died suddenly.

RIP Brandy Vaughan.

5 Likes

I just want to caution anybody from reading into this in case that was what was being suggested. There may or may not have been something more to this, but its a terrible idea to say things out loud without having the necessary proof.

Even if something funny happened, it doesn’t matter if you are completely right, but without proof you’ll attract a ton of bad attention. It happened to this community too many times over the years.

3 Likes

Sad news. RIP.

2 Likes

Its interesting that she made this video a few years ago and publicly said she had no intention of committing suicide.

People can make up their own minds but I would put nothing past Merck.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put anything past Merck either, but they don’t really have a strong motive here. I think they did have a vaccine candidate that doesn’t seem to be very relevant today. A lot of people are concerned about quelling a moral panic about the vaccine so the world can get back to normal. We have no idea whether this was natural or not. Nobody should make up their own minds about anything without conclusive evidence.

https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/130975825_4856085027765835_305593641261827755_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Zv89SHSOW0MAX-uZTxz&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e980923c846fd2fcc7d42838505af3da&oe=5FFD0E20

1 Like

Assuming she did say that, I couldn’t find that quote, but if she choked to death on a chicken wing, it would look like a conspiracy. I’m still not saying its true or not true, but even if its true its still socially dangerous to start verbally speculating about things without proof.

1 Like

That quote was taking from her facebook page.

1 Like

Let’s assume you are right, and you might be. Why do you feel compelled to tell everybody about this? What are you looking to accomplish? You are only spreading fear and hate and because you can’t PROVE anything, you won’t be able to convince anybody outside of the already paranoid community that you’re right. I actually think you may be right, but probably not Merck, but who cares?

I decided to stop coming to this forum a couple years ago after I put everything I could into this community. I decided to take responsibility for whatever life I could because I wasn’t going to let this keep me down forever. My life has improved significantly since moving on, I’m not better yet, but as you become more generally well as a person, things can definitely reset. I come back every once in a while to make sure people here don’t get stuck in a mental black hole as is the case with this post.

One thing that’s important is to not fill your mind with paranoid conspiracy “theories”. Might be right, might be wrong. But think about whether focusing on it will benefit you or not. I challenge you to think of a single reason why it would help you, maybe there is one. If you can’t think of one, think of ways in which you can make the best of your life.

Good luck.

1 Like

As I said people can make up their own minds all I’m doing is posting information that is already out there.

Merck is a company that should be “feared and hated” given the amount of lives they have destroyed.

I look forward to the day that someone from Merck actually goes to jail.

If the vioxx scandal happened in China the top Merck people would probably have been executed.

1 Like

In China there is a dictatorship. There are no human rights in China. For Chinese politicians, people and ants are equally important.

2 Likes

It may be a dictatorship but at least there is some justice there when it comes to dealing with corrupt people in the pharmaceutical industry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/business/worldbusiness/11execute.html

OK, I get that you are still super angry as would be anybody on here. I’m working through that myself and starting to make real progress. But just note that you want to be mindful of how you channel your anger because if it isn’t channeled properly it will be toxic to other people. Don’t hurt other people, just because you were hurt. Especially if they too are innocent in all of this.

Dealing with anger is a tough one. I’m starting to figure it out, but use it to empower you and make your life better and do your best not to let it spill on to other people. Taking up boxing is one healthy way to channel your aggression and I’m sure there are others but please do share if you find something that works for you if you think it may help others.