Forksolin

bodybuilding.com/store/fors.html

Forskolin appears to bypass this need for direct hormonal activation of adenylate cyclase via transmembrane activation. As a result of this activation of adenylate cyclase intracellular cAMP levels rise.* The physiological and biochemical effects of a raised intracellular cAMP level include: healthy of platelet cirulation; increased force of contraction of heart muscle; relaxation of the arteries and other smooth muscles; healthy insulin secretion; optimal thyroid function; and increased lipolysis (fat destruction).* Recent studies suggest that forskolin possesses additional mechanisms of action independent of its ability to directly stimulate adenylate cyclase and cAMP dependent physiological responses.* Specifically forskolin inhibits a number of membrane transport proteins and channel proteins through a mechanism that does not involve the production of cAMP.* The result is again a transmembrane signaling that results in activation of other cellular enzymes.*

Just curious why you’re posting this without any explanation behind it?

Doing so kinda seems like spam…

Anyone tried this stuff? It apparently is pretty good at raising levels of cAMP.

cAMP increases GHB which is one thing that seems to have helped people on here.
Not to mention it’s important in regulating hormones, so cAMP might play a bigger role in all of this.

" for about two-three years now I have been feeling metally sluggish, and a lot less happy than I used to be. In short, I had this brain fog that would impede my enjoyment of life and was probably the source of my social anxiety. I tried most supps, meds and nootropics but nothing really helped so I gave up and learned to live with it. About 10 days ago I started taking about 70mg forskolin per day (from 20% coleus extract) and withing a day I’m feeling like I did in my early 20s, no fucking bain fog, no anxiety."

mindandmuscle.net/forum/inde … opic=28927

Also worth a read:

imminst.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=28067

Interesting.

Are you going to try it liquidfirex?

Just for the record DHT increases cAMP /ATP usage in cells.
Personally, my psychological/stress/reduction in mental capacity symptoms are relieved with DHT. Certainly any ‘brain fog’ is alleviated with DHT.
Maybe a pattern here that brain fog is caused by lack of cAMP. Certainly a chap here who got high on crystal meth (amphetamines certainly increase cAMP) instantly relieved his brain fog.

JN

I plan to yeah, it’s in a lot of thermogenic weight loss supplements (raises thyroid) and testosterone boosters (bioforge).
But I have a pretty long list of things to try, and right now I’m trying out a sort of PCT (aspartic acid, sustain alpha, toremifene, and then nolvadex when the torem runs out).

Keep us posted.

Dr. Shippen suggested me to use Forskolin (100-150 mg a day) along with a low dose of Clomid (10mg 3X week). I havent tried either though (still trying to avoid playing with meds - once burnt twice shy)

I really wish I knew why people suggest clomid over nolvadex of toremifene, the science all says clomid is worse.

In other news nutraplanet to the rescue: nutraplanet.com/product/nutr … grams.html

It will be in my next order for sure.

It doesnt seem like this is much more then a weight loss supp from some of the reviews. it seems that cAMP is used more in lipid metabolism then DHT hormone pathways.

Looking for something to boost cAMP and found forskolin… and subsequently this thread.

Wondering if anyone has tried this out?

Here is one of the articles I read about it:

anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/23855-forskolin-green-tea.html

1 Like

I’ve tried it, does give a bit of a lift. It sensitizes the Ledyig cells to LH, making them more responsive (produce more T). Any time my T is on an upward slope I briefly feel better.

You HPTA gets used to the extra T produced and will downregulate LH accordingly, so I think its important to cycle it. The Soviets used to use it for their olympic teams to raise T, back in the 70s.

Stay away from green tea, it contains a 5a-reductase inhibitor.

I tried it. Did not do a lot. It is good for pre-diabetes though since it contains 4-hydroxyisoleucine…

Makes you smell like maple syrup…seriously haha

Has anyone here who tried forksolin notice any significant improvement in sexual function?

Do you have any proof or evidence for above statement. I don’t think HPTA is not the reason.The reason is extra production of estrogen due to slow conversion to DHT or slow metabolism of DHT.

Green tea is actually one of the only things that gives me a noticeable boost in sex drive. Zinc is also a 5AR inhibitor but that is not bad for us.

This ‘avoid all 5AR inhibitors’ stuff is nonsense IMO.

Wikipedia

Forskolin is a supplement that’s available OTC. Supposedly, it has a lot of positive effects on the body, and at least a couple which may be beneficial when attempting to treat PFS;

• It reduces body fat (which means less aromatase enzymes)
  • It increases the free testosterone level.

Are you going to try it?

I have thought about it. I found a product I would like to try, but unfortunately they don’t ship to Europe;

amazon.com/Coleus-Forskohlii-125-Forskolin-Vegetarian/dp/B007G42RSQ

120 capsules that contains 25 mg of the active ingredient, 75% discount (!) and free shipping if you buy two bottles. One bottle is enough for 2 months treatment.