Forgetfullness and learning difficulties

Hey guys. As you can see in my story, I was on Fin for 4 years, quit 5 months ago. Didn’t have any real side effects while on the drug but things got weird upon qutting. Now I’m better, not %100 but good. Having said that I was on Fin without any problems, I must that during the last year of usage, I noticed some problems about learning, memory and a general decrease of ability of writing and speaking. I did not blame it on Fin since it was not amongst the side effects listed. Now I know it was Fin. I was a marvellous speaker, I used to write great papers with shiny sentences, I was famous amongst friends for my memory, I was a quick-witted menace with funny shit floating around my brain all the time and I was a great learner. Now even though I don’t have brain fog, I feel like half of my ability of doing those are gone. I’m still suffering from these sides and in my profession (law) it makes a big difference. It’s not like I’m dully sitting around all day; I can get on with my daily life but it’s different. You guys must know what I mean.

Here, on this forum, I’ve read many times that mental side are generally the first ones to disappear. So, may I ask to the those who are recovered from the mental sides:

1- Are you back to your pre-fin state mentally? I mean can you talk, write, joke, learn etc like you used to? Or is it generally more managable so you’re considering yourselves recovered?
2- How long did it take?
3- What made the difference for you? Any supplements, protocols, herbs etc.

Thank you very much. I would really appreciate any help.

In my case I consider the mental stuff more manageable, not resolved. But I crashed rather quickly and hard… I didn’t have the period of thinking it wasn’t the drug that caused it. Got punted hard as hell after just a few days use. My personal fear is that some would consider where I am at now to be cured or resolved… I know that I am not and this state of brain function, however better, is not ideal.

Thanks for the input man.

But come on guys, just 1 answer? I’ve seen many people here commenting about how they’ve recovered from the mental sides. Please, offer me some thoughts. Thanks.

After three grueling years. All menTal side effects are gone. Memory, word association, thoughtprocess is back to 100%. 3 years ago I forget everything, couldnt remember the name of famous actors, had to check my front door 10 times before bed because I coukdnt remember if I locked the door. Now it’s all resolved

Thanks man. And can you point out some supplement to reach this point? Or was it resolved naturally?

This was a major factor in my life. As if I lost my personality, along with memory, joking etc…

Yes, I’m recovered. But I come back here to share what I know sometimes.

I have a LARGE collection of supplements. Here are the one’s I used for the mental sides: (NOOT=Nootropics, AOX=Antioxidant, RX=Prescription)
NOOT- ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnatine) 500mg
NOOT- Aniracetam 750mg
NOOT- Lions Mane 2 caps
NOOT- L-Theanine 250mg
NOOT- Oxiracetam 500mg
NOOT- Phenibut
NOOT- Piracetam 750mg
NOOT- Pramiracetam 500mg
NOOT- R-ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) 100mg/150mcg
NOOT- SAMe 400mg
NOOT- Sulbutiamine 200mg
NOOT- Sunifiram
Omega3 (DHA-580mg/EPA-860mg) 3 to 6 grams
AOX- Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Bacopa
Choline/Inositol
Folate
GABA
L-Tyrosine
Nitric Oxide Complex (L-Arginine)
RX-Adderall

Try DHEA. Even if your blood tests say its high, try it anyway.

Just to give an update: I’ve been doing better since posting this. I think mentally I’m slowly returning back to my pre-fin state. Albeit, very slowly.

Are you taking all the supplements listed above?

^ No, mate. I’m taking nothing except for a Vit B complex once in a while.

I need a quick fix with this to speed up the recovery process. I’m doing better every month but still I forget lots of things. Is there a supplement to help with the forgetfullness/reduced mental capacity? I simply can’t afford all the supplements listed above, I’d rather go with 1 or 2 supplements. Any suggestions?

Are you JUST having issues remembering things, or are you having other mental problems too? Do you have eye issues? Tinitus? Brain fog?

I believe there is no supplement aimed specifically at curing forgetfulness. However I felt noticeable improvements since taking vitamin D (though maybe it has nothing to do with it). Also good sleep and diet are important.

As for me, almost 100% recovered from mental sides.

Forgetfullness, learning difficulties. Reduced mental capacity, in general. No vision problems, no brain fog. I’m not quick witted anymore, which was a big part of my personality.

I’m interested in this topic too. I’m suffering heavily from mental sides, but them again I crashed not 3 months ago, so still early days. To be honest, if I get my mind back to 100% the sexual part won’t even be that important. I wonder is fasting can speed this up.

This has suddenly hit me really hard too. Are there any recommendations people have that have helped get them through this to 100% recovery on the mental sides?

Been doing alot of reading on nootropics seems very promising guess i gotta order me some to try out too…Has anybody ever tried NSI-189???

Late reply, but YES, there are supplements combined which can deal with memory, focus, brain function. I have many of the ingredient separately and take them as part of my Nootropic stack when in school or working online. Another one to try is Lions Mane, I take that daily. Paul Stamets brand preferred since he’s the expert on mushrooms.

Here’s one I use:
Neuro Optimizer by Jarrow Formulas

Contains:
Acetyl L Carnatine
L-Glutimine
Taurine
Cytidine5
Phosphatidylserine
Phosphatidylcholine
Alpha Lipoic Acid

I looked into Nootropics like Noopept but found reports of guys having negative reactions that resulted in week’s worth of brainfog. Of course there are also a lot of positive reviews on this drug but it seems largely untested in the western medical community. As with many of the drug category nootropics they appear largely untested so I’ve decided to avoid these rather than risk making things worse.

Dave Asprey has done a lot of research on brain supplements this video is worth watching, he claims to have increased his IQ by 20points (how I’m not sure) youtube.com/watch?v=rGdHMibYiFo

From the racetams the only one he recommends is aniracetam as it’s been available the longest and is best known by researchers purenootropics.net/product/aniracetam/

Lions Mane is DHT inhibitor while it improved memory it made me feel worse in terms of libido and tiredness. Certain mushrooms affect DHT.

CILTEP comes well recommended but it might be best to check the ingredients smartnootropics.co.uk/ciltep-60-capsules/ It contains L-Phenylalanine which has mixed reviews on here. Some here says they did well on Forskohlii but the effect wore off. CILTEP needs cycling 5 days on and 2 days off. It can be taken with dark chocolate to enhance it’s effects.

I’ve just tried ALPHA GPC, which is a choline. It did nothing for memory however I didn’t have any muscle twitches when I was taking it.

All I take right now is ALCAR, which gives me energy, and Gingko. With Gingko go for the best quality like Life Extension or Solgar, typical dose is 120mg a day but you can go to 240mg.