For those who no longer have brain fog

Did the brain fog that you once had disappear over time or did you wake up one day and no longer have it? I’ve been off the drug now for 9 months. At one time the brain fog that I was experiencing was debilitating. I had it pretty much everyday. More recently, I seem to go 3 or 4 days without it then it creeps in for a few days.

Mr.,

I had brain fog for years while I was on the crap and I had no idea what caused. I probaly went to 5 or 6 allergy doctors, thinking It was caused by allergies.

When I quit propecia it stayed with me for almost a year after quiting. Sometimes it was mild other times much worse. I can finally say, I no longer brain fog at all. I think very cleary.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism caused by the P. Within a few days of starting Armour treatment the remaining brain fog was gone. FYI, if you do any research on symptoms of hypothyroidism, “brainfog” is always listed as a symptom. If you haven’t done so, I suggest you get a thyroid blood panel done and find out if you if have a thyriod problem. Many people live for years with thyriod problems and go undiagnosed, living an unhealthy life.

This brain fog is baffling me. I’ve done some research on it, but I don’t know if it really defines how I’m feeling. I feel as though everyhting is slowing down on me, almost like my eyes can’t catch up to movement…almost as if I am stoned or something. This has been constant since I stopped “p”, which has been about 3-4 weeks now. I hope that you consistently get better.

What was your brain fog actually like on the drug? I suppose I had sporadic mild depression and felt a bit passive but never had cognitive dysfunction until after I crashed. Even at it’s worst on my final stint on the drug it never really affected my work or anything. I do recall when I was off the drug the penultimate time being a lot more talkative and wisecracking.

What was your brain fog actually like on the drug? I suppose I had sporadic mild depression and felt a bit passive but never had cognitive dysfunction until after I crashed. Even at it's worst on my final stint on the drug it never really affected my work or anything. I do recall when I was off the drug the penultimate time being a lot more talkative and wisecracking.

Luckyfax,

For me, I would best explain brain fog like severe head congestion you would get from having allergies. However, it feels signifcantly worse. It would make reading or consentrating on things feel incredibly difficult.

While on the drug (4.5 yrs) I never had any significant side effects until shortly before crashing. About 3 months before the crash I was having difficulty concentrating and slight dizziness. I can recall having to read everything twice. I wish I would have found this site earlier.

Now off the drug I’ve had brain fog almost everyday until recently. I can’t concentrate and I get pressure on the sides of my head. Recently I’ve been getting some relief. I’m praying that this continues.

My most recent thyroid panel:

TSH 1.82 (0.4-4.5)
T4 free 1.3 (0.8-1.8)
T3 free 322 (230-420)
T3 uptake 33 (22-35)
T3 rev 30 (11-32)

I’ve was prescribed armour and it made me feel worse.

3000mg+ of vitamin c has 75% cleared my brainfog. It took a week or two to kick in.

1 Like

This is good to hear Tim…

Did this ever get better?