Football player with potential PFS?

Anybody see Andrew luck on tv tonight? He abruptly retired from the nfl at the height of his career and he looked sickly compared to how he used to be. Old face, saggy skin, wayyyy smaller hawking. Pretty sure he had a receding hairline if I remember correctly. May be a stretch cause I’m sure athletes wouldn’t mess with their hormones but just something I noticed.

1 Like

He retired to focus on his family.

1 Like

I think youre bang on @Bigpoppa10040 ithere are people speculating about it on redditt someone posted recent pictures of him and he has all the trademark signs would be great I’f someone could try to reach out to him. Anyone is prone to taking propecia while being bullshitted about its safety.

2 Likes

I Googled him he is losing his hair, that’s true. He was also (apparently) injured a lot during his career.

He made a fortune in a relativity short amount of time but his body was getting mangled. It’s possible that he felt he had enough money to last a lifetime but wondered if his body would last.

Alternatively, you could say that any number of professional sportspeople suffer repeated injuries, but continue playing.

If he ever wants to reach out, publicly or confidentially, Pfsnetwork would like to hear from him.

3 Likes

As a huge NFL fan, Luck retired because his body was decimated. I know he is balding and looks different, but he’s also 32 going on 33 so not exactly a spring chicken.

He had multiple seasons being sacked 35+ times and with 60+ rushing attempts, including a lot on the goal-line, which is significant for a QB. He tore his labrum, abdomen, had multiple concussions, lacerated kidney, broken ribs, and had a persistent calf strain. The dude has an architecture degree from Stanford and graduated early, so I’m pretty sure he just said “fuck this” about the injuries.

Can I say for sure he doesn’t have PFS? No. But it seems pretty doubtful given his last season in the NFL he threw for 4500+ yards, 39 TDs and was an MVP candidate.

3 Likes

Sorry to nerd out on football talk also :joy:

2 Likes

U can see the striking changes, his face has lost all masculinity. There’s another recent photograph when you tap on it. Massive contrast

2 Likes

I know what you mean with the face changes, I have seen that in myself and also on others I suspect of using the medication.

I know Romario used it , plus a handful of other players (a few years back finasteride was illegal in sports as it could be used to mask steroid use, but they scrapped this rule some time ago)

1 Like

That was posted 4 years ago.

1 Like

They look like two different people. The same thing has happened to me I wouldn’t wish this on anyone and appreciate its speculation. But part of me hopes that an A lister getting hit hard who spoke up would help blow the lid on this and give so much traction to the work being done .

Yeah, even as someone who doesn’t follow the NFL I can imagine players calling it a day in their early 30s isn’t uncommon compared to other sports. It’s one of the most taxing sports on your body and brain so the deterioration in his physical condition doesn’t seem suspicious. Were I involved in that sport I wouldn’t be looking to stick around for a long time.

Yeah just something I noticed I mean there’s a massive massive change in his physical characteristics. Maybe we could somehow reach out to him to see? I have no idea perhaps the mods have a better idea than us. It could very well be he retired from football and that’s it but my Lord his physical features have changed including jawline

1 Like

Avicci is another one dude in his younger days he was a stud and then he lost all masculinity. His dad even said he took an acne medication etc. this is all speculation and I don’t like spreading rumors but

2 Likes

Yeh Avicci looked amaciated in the end his face was gaunt, lost his looks etc.only in his 20s

1 Like

People all over social media are saying something is wrong with Andrew luck, I mean I’ve been around the PFS game long enough not to mention I was a huge athlete my whole life…that ain’t normal his transformation

1 Like

Agreed @Bigpoppa100% I was super fit and stepping back does not bring on such drastic physical changes. Physically to a degree possibly!! But his facial changes are dramatic and pfs like for those that can relate and have experienced these changes in just a few years. Raging alcoholics and hard drug users don’t deteriorate that quickly…let alone someone that was a pro athlete

1 Like

Father Marcelo Rossi from Brazil have PFS, he used finasteride for many years and 2012- 2013 started have depression and lose weight a lot and in an interview in dec 2013 and his speech is very slurred very characteristic of PFS

1 Like

repetitive concussions can do similar damage to hormones and health

2 Likes