First RU58841 casualty: many similarities

Aware of the poisonous nature of Propecia thanks to this site I have avoided it like the plague.
Instead, I turned to anti-androgens since hairloss forums are full of people who experiment with such drugs as RU58841 and flutamide, among others, without a single story of permanent side effects.

I started RU58841 (henceforth RU) back in 2010, very gradually and I have never noticed any symptoms. I was at a 20mg application per day just like most people did.

In January 2013 my hair loss accelerated again and I decided to up the dose to around 40mg, here is what happened:

• I started experiencing flu like fatigue
  • depression particularly in the PM
  • Prem Ej

Since I have been on RU for a while, and since these symptoms became noticeable only gradually, I did not make the connection.

Finally in June 2013 I made the connection and decided to drop the RU. I had two amazing weeks libido wise, and then a crash which started with an extreme premature ej, and then I developed symptoms that are identical to those of many of the members in here. The worst is the genital numbness. 1.5 years later and I am still in the same spot. I never had a full recovery, but rather a short-lived improvement after clomid.

Please see my symptoms in the standard format below. This raises the question of whether some of the symptoms you guys have are due to the ability of Propecia to affect the level of DHT binding onto the receptors rather than the messing with the 5alpha reductase enzyme.

I am currently in contact with some researchers to see whether they have seen any case of an anti-androgen causing permanent sides. Please let me know if you have seen any such case.

1 Like

Any updates on your status?

1 Like

Update?

1 Like