Finasteride= Immunosuppressive

You see the same thing with Accutane.
I think this could be an important study. I know I just mentioned this somewhere but it needs to be mentioned again. I think this could have the greatest consequence later on in life for people that dont get better. This is the main reason im looking at certain types of probiotics that could stimulate the immune system/response.

Finasteride Enhances the Generation of Human Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells by Up-Regulating the COX2/PGE2Pathway

MDSCs with their suppressive function are now proved to have the beneficial potential of suppressing the autoimmune response and promoting tolerance

We performed a high-throughput screening (HTS) of FDA-approved drugs based on the in vitro human MDSC-differentiation system and identified finasteride (FIN) to have the best potency to aid the generation of human MDSCs

Further development of FIN-like compounds could be a novel strategy for immunosuppressive therapies in various immune disorder conditions.

2 Likes

I also wanted to update this. A more extreme form of treatment outside of probiotics might be
IVIG treatment.
Ive seen this mentioned here a few times, but I dont think anyone has had testing to qualify for insurance coverage im guessing?

An old Accutane user said he was 75 percent cured after a few rounds of IVIG treatment. it was done at Mayo. He had some pretty extensive testing including a PET brain scan that found some low grade inflammation.
He also tested positive for the acetylcholine ganglionic receptor antibody, the same one I did.

1 Like

I was actually apart of a CIDP group on facebook and most of them were on it and helped them massively their condition is autoimmune. They refer it to liquid gold as it’s pretty expensive!

Yeah, he said it was 10k per treatment. His insurance did cover it. Im not sure if it was just being positive for that antibody that got him coverage, it might have been a little more than that.

A lot of them also used immunosuppressants that seemed to help

What is the name of this Facebook group?

What were his syntoms though? Internal?