Finasteride and suicide

Who knows of recent or past suicides due to finasteride?

1 Like

There is a page dedicated to them in the forum https://www.propeciahelp.com/in-memoriam/

1 Like

Thanks, I have seen this which prompted me to wonder if anyone knows any of these people or of new instances. Unfortunately we know there are many who never had the chance to share their story.

1 Like

Hello, I am the mother of a victim, what would you like to know?

1 Like

Why did your son suicide? What did he try to get better? How long was he on finasteride on? How long did he wait for healing? Thank you

Honestly, anything and everything you are willing to share? Also I’m open to any questions you may have though I’m sure it’s an exhausted topic for you.
Feel free to send me direct message as I am working on a few things which I prefer not to share publicly just yet.

Thank you

My son committed suicide in June 2016 after a few years of struggle against the undesirable effects of this product which were very numerous in him: libido problems, testicular varicocele, gynecomastia, alteration of the intestinal microbiota, small cerebral vascular depression, stomach ulcers, significant memory loss (correlated by tests), many allergies (food and respiratory), … and at the end significant depression.
He fought bravely and thought of winning for a long time. Many protocols were tried: Clomid, Edex injections, CD Nuts diet, paleo diet, fasting, numerous food supplements, …
It seems to me that if he would have had PFS today, he would still be here today because many things have changed, at least here in France where listening and care have evolved all the same.

4 Likes

I’m sure we’re all appreciative in some ways that you’re here, but also sad that you have to be here at all.

Thank you for coming though, and thank you for being so supportive and kind as well as proactive in your posts here despite being affected by this in a way I honestly cannot imagine.

4 Likes