Finasteride and allopregnanolone reduction

Why allo doesn’t help?

It should help I just don’t think it’ll fix everything

Ok but if help it’s a good things.

I have a question… Finastride =5alfa 2 allopregnonalone =5 alfa 1… At this point why allo help in this condiction we soffered pfs?

https://academic.oup.com/painmedicine/article/17/1/25/1752592

Ive got for example rid of my pain with psychiatric treatments like ect and medication. This makes me convinced the brain chemicals have a major roll when it comes to the physical health. For me its not strange if a well adjusted allopregnanolon treatment could reverse all physical problems considering the deficiency.
Like the article about the pain allopregnanolon has probably a role beyond just threating depression

1 Like

I don’t know but I hope is a options for us for a life better.

Very difficult to know of course but the deficiency is worth looking into and not necessary works only for depression.

1 Like

I might trial Zoloft or Prozac next for the allo boost. I’m doing well on Trintellix right now so I don’t want to stop it but like I posted above it is known to inhibit Gaba which is probably not what I want

Buddy, if you are feeling ok on Trintellix, do not switch to other things. Complete the course. I have switched many SSRI in the last two years, on and off, and now my symptoms are worse (+ anhedonia, + brain fog, + serotonin intolerance). I think it’s because I never completed full course and my neuromediators and neurosteroids was fluctuating all the time.

I take low dose prozac for this. 2.5mg. Not a cure on it’s own but I believe it fixes the allo issue.

What benefits have you experienced since taking it?

I don’t get the whole low dose allo. The whole point is that this low dose affects 3a-hsd enzyme which is what would potentially cause problems with pfs, not the serotonin boost of higher doses. I’m starting 10 mg Prozac tomorrow. The Trintellix was bringing my panic attacks back and it gives me bad nausea. Keep y’all updated

I took paraoxetine for a few years and it killed every PFS symptom. This also works in Allo.

What do you mean by killed? Improved? If so, why did you stop taking it?

1 Like

Think he said it wore off

1 Like

I used to have one day a month (or so) where I’d feel super down and in despair for no obvious reason, and I’d have to become logically aware of it to deal with it. But fixing the allo stopped that happening

@Lostinaustin the low dose of prozac (2.5mg) is so that you get the allo benefits without affecting serotonin, and thus avoiding the SSRI side effects

Ssri one thing allo is another things… When allo exit out… I think is one key.

I’m hoping it will alleviate my anxiety and brain fog and just maybe it will loosen up my chronically pelvic and thigh muscles

@orthogs I didn’t know I had PFS at the time. The dose was increased three times over the space of 3 months as insomnia, anxiety returned. Then I remained in a good place for a number of years but throughout I was taking fin on and off. Eventually it wore off which was probably more to do with the stopping and starting.

1 Like