Finally started the process

They were taking in saliva, your problems are not similar to mine at all. The only problem I have with food is if i dont eat it I feel faint and anxious. Eating complex carbs and less sugar gives me more time between meals but i still feel it eventually. I just joined another forum specifically for adrenal and thyroid problems and been getting some great feedback from the mods there, I think i found the source of my problems, who know maybe even for ed. Cortisol metabolizes and stores glucose in your liver so low cortisol means low blood sugar, low blood sugar means high adrenalin, high adrenalin means anxiety panic attacks. Low cortisol also means lower testosteron. Low cortisol also means less ability to deal with stress. Everything seems so right here. I’m gonna get some more tests done on my thyroid in advice from the mods there and start to take Hydrocortison or Isocort to help heal my adrenals. I will keep everyone posted.
Cheers
BTW the link to the forum is
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Na … esADRENALS

I’m not sure if im allowed to post that but no doubt it can help to see if your symptoms match at all.

GL
Talk to everyone soon

[quote=“BJamin”]
They were taking in saliva, your problems are not similar to mine at all. The only problem I have with food is if i dont eat it I feel faint and anxious. Eating complex carbs and less sugar gives me more time between meals but i still feel it eventually. I just joined another forum specifically for adrenal and thyroid problems and been getting some great feedback from the mods there, I think i found the source of my problems, who know maybe even for ed. Cortisol metabolizes and stores glucose in your liver so low cortisol means low blood sugar, low blood sugar means high adrenalin, high adrenalin means anxiety panic attacks. Low cortisol also means lower testosteron. Low cortisol also means less ability to deal with stress. Everything seems so right here. I’m gonna get some more tests done on my thyroid in advice from the mods there and start to take Hydrocortison or Isocort to help heal my adrenals. I will keep everyone posted.
Cheers

BTW the link to the forum is
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Na … esADRENALS

You should try and find out why your cortsiol is low aswell. I suggest you test for celiac as its quite common to have low cortisol levels with this.

That would be a better option to explore than going on isocort or hydrocortizone imo. I tried isocort for a week. Felt bursts of energy but nothing consistent. Maybe i was on to low dose i dont know but i dont buy the whole “your adrenals will heal” while on hydrocortisone for a few months. Doesent make sense. Its use it or loose it, thats my experience. So im gonna try it again eventually if i cant find another cause for this first. However taking away as many stressors as you can is probably a very good idea! Moderate exercise can do wonders to etc.

Wish you best of luck and keep us posted!

I agree totally I’m not jumping on anything before doing a load of research, just licorice tea alone the last couple days has helped immensly.

Well After doing a salives test and getting back low cortisol levels, i told my doctor and we did some more tests, here are the results

sTSH 2.31 range .35 -5
t4free 14 range 10 -20
free t3 5 range 2.6 - 5.7
hemoglobin A1c .054 nondiabietc .04-.06
cortisol am 703 range 170-540
pm cortisol 237 range 55- 340

so the saliva says low the blood says high and normal pffffff i think the high in the morning was due to just getting the test
as i hat blood tests

any word on the rest of this stuff … there goes cortisol as being the problem

which saliva test did you get through ZRT lab? did the saliva test also include cortisone?
I have low saliva cortisol in the morning as well. saliva cortisol is represents the free cortisol in our blood thats not bound by CBG. so just because you have high cortisol in blood in the morning does not necessarily mean that you don’t have low free cortisol in the morning.

active cortisol converts to inactive cortisone via 11β-HSD2. Licorice inhibits 11B-HSD2 enzyme activity which while inhibited prevents active cortisol from converting to inactive cortisone allowing more active cortisol to bind to GC receptors. So if you are saying you get better when taking licorice this is the same thing as saying you get better when you inhibit 11B-HSD2 which is the same thing as saying you get better when you have more active cortisol binding to the GC receptors. This is clue. I took licorice and for the first 3 days thought it was making me better. It then made me worse. Another clue but also more complication because inhibiting the 11B-HSD2 enzyme makes me worse

I have low free saliva cortisol in the morning. This is not good. It should be high in the morning and is a sign of something being wrong. I have high urine cortisol in the morning because I am pissing out all the extra free cortisol seen in saliva. I also have high amounts of cortisol converting to in active cortisone in the morning suggesting that my endocrine system is pushing to inactivate cortisol via 11B-HSD2 in the morning providing another clue. My body seems to doing everything it can to limit the amount of free cortisol binding to the GC receptors in the morning. But this is not normal I don’t think. It’s the exact opposite of what my cortisol should be doing in the morning. The thing is though we all don’t have the same imbalances. I took dut and did not get PFS although I suspect the Dut damaged me setting me up for failure later. I later took Saw P and got PFS. I later took Saw P again and my PFS got worse. My Saw-P PFS gets worse when I inhibit estrogen. All clues. I think the solution is to find our exact imbalances. There will never be a one size fits all solution for PFS.